Ma Guogang
No.8 Why Am I a Great Language Exchange Partner? No.8 Why Am I a Great Language Exchange Partner? There is an essay of one of my language partners which shows us three kinds of partners who he had experienced. The first kind of person whose English is well just wants to practice English as much as possible and doesn’t repay the writer's kindness. The second kind of person whose English is not good is often frustrated therefore they are unwilling to meet as much as possible ,there is little chance for the writer to improve his Chinese. The third kind of person is a teacher who needs to be paid to have conversation. I left him a message telling him that I am the best language partner which he had never met before. There are four reasons for me to be a great language partner: The first one is that I appreciate my partner's kindness and try my best to repay him. I know our relationship works well only when we both benefit from our cooperation. I will feel guilty if I find myself take advantage from partners. I really care about partners. The second one is that I have plenty time. Recently I am learning English pretty hard so I will always be there when you want to have a conversation except from 11:00a.m. to 7:00p.m. (Beijing time )when I am sleeping. The third one is that I am a very patient person and I can speak Chinese as low as you need. I will try my best to explain Chinese to partners. It won't bother me if partners need me to repeat my word. The fourth and the most important one is my wife is learning English too. Actually she is better learner than me . She will be my substitute. I will introduce her to you. This is a Buy one get one free deal. This is why I am a great language partner. The link below is the essay I mentioned. http://www.italki.com/entry/421594 I feel I could be a presidential candidate now. :)