Sharonbee
Orchids Are you good at gardening? Both of my grandfather and my father are good at planting. My father got interested in gardening and learned the skills from my grandpa, who passed away a long time ago. I'm not the only child in my original family, but my father gave me almost all of the orchids he planted when I built my own family several years ago. Furthermore, my dad taught me the methods of taking care of them before I took them over. As time passes by, I'm not really good at planting the orchids. On the other hand, I don't have enough space in my balcony to raise them. However, the orchids in my house bloom every spring and fall. They look so beautiful while flourishing. Perhaps you would say I have a green thumb, but actually I don't. There is a slang in Chinese about orchids saying:" 蘭花是懶人種的花". It means that orchids are the flowers suitable for lazy people to plant. Do you agree with this idea? p.s. The two words of '蘭' and '懶' sound similar in Chinese. The similarity of sounds emphasizes the truth of the Chinese slang. Is it interesting?

Orchids

Are you good at gardening? Both of my grandfather and my father are good at planting. My father got interested in gardening and learned the skills from my grandpa, who passed away a long time ago.

I'm not the only child in my original family, but my father gave me almost all of the orchids he planted when I built started my own family several years ago. Furthermore, my dad also taught me the methods of taking how to take care of them before I took them over.

As time passes by, I'm not really good I've become worse at planting the orchids. On the other hand, I don't have enough space in my balcony to raise them. However, the orchids in my house bloom every spring and fall. They look so beautiful when they are while flourishing.

Perhaps you would say I have a green thumb, but actually I don't. There is a saying slang in Chinese about orchids saying:" 蘭花是懶人種的花". It means that orchids are the flowers suitable for lazy people to plant. Do you agree with this saying idea?

p.s. The two words of '蘭' and '懶' sound similar in Chinese. The similarity of sounds emphasizes the truth meaning of the Chinese saying slang. Isn't it interesting?

Very few errors here! I think your english is getting better! Those flowers are beautiful, by the way. As always, I'm not a teacher, just a native speaker so I fix things to sound natural. I'm sorry if its not entirely grammatically correct but in conversations this would sound natural :)

Hi Anne. Your corrections are always useful to me. Since you corrected my first entry, I had realizd the importance of speaking English naturally. I agree with you very much. I'm trying to memorize what you corrected better, and meanwhile I refer to the other people's entries you've corrected as well. I hope I will learn more from you in the future. Thanks again.
How about helping correcting this entry of mine? I'll appreciate it. Thank you.
很有意思. I always thought orchids are very difficult to grow... :)