Josephine Young
My favourite city. My favourite city in the world is Marseille, in France. I lived here for 3 years, from 2010 to 2013. It is a city on the south-east coast of France, on the Mediterranean sea. The sky is always blue in Marseille, and the weather is usually warm and sunny - very different from the UK! There are many different kinds of people living in Marseille, so the atmosphere is very vibrant. There is a mix of French culture, Italian culture and North African culture. It is an ancient city, first founded nearly 2700 years ago, so there is a lot of very interesting history here, and many beautiful places to visit, including old palaces, museums and basilicas. The natural scenery is also very beautiful. Marseille is famous for it's 'calanques' - creeks and coves on the coast that you can walk to. In the 'calanques' the water is usually very clear and blue, and you can snorkel in them and see lots of fish. Here is a picture of the calanque de Figuerolles, in La Ciotat near Marseille.

My favourite city.

My favourite city in the world is Marseille, in France. I lived there for 3 years, from 2010 to 2013. It is a city on the south-east coast of France, on the Mediterranean sea.

The sky is always blue in Marseille, and the weather is usually warm and sunny - very different from the UK!

There are many different kinds of people living in Marseille, so the atmosphere is very vibrant. There is a mix of French culture, Italian culture and North African culture. It is an ancient city, first founded nearly 2700 years ago, so there is a lot of very interesting history here, and many beautiful places to visit, including old palaces, museums and basilicas.

The natural scenery is also very beautiful. Marseille is famous for it's 'calanques' - creeks and coves on the coast that you can walk to. In the 'calanques' the water is usually very clear and blue, and you can snorkel in them and see lots of fish.

Here is a picture of the calanque de Figuerolles, in La Ciotat near Marseille.

Wow! Marseille sounds very beautiful! I would love to visit one day. Your writing is virtually perfect and very interesting to read :)

It's incredible!! Nice picture. I'd like to visit Marseille and provence region. On the south of France, I alread visit Cannes, Monaco and Nice.