Valentina
Fiction III An attempt to use a new vocabulary correctly number 3 :) I write short stories in my native language so I have a tendency to use some writing freedom. I hope it's not used in a weird way. At least not too weird. My baffled glare spoke for itself. I was never inclined to fast mood changes, but at this moment quivering afflicted my whole body. I felt queasy. She was still standing there smiling. The complexion of her face as bright as always, her eyes as bright as sunshine, with a rare ability to ignite joy in people. With the positive attitude alone she came to the position where she was now. She was no financial expert, yet she was in charge of company disburses. She had no ability reading people as books, yet her opinion was considered as pure gold in human resources department. I was always certain there was more in the story. I was genuinely perplexed when I saw how many intelligent people she fooled. It has to be a better reason which made her such a high value keepsake. All my fidelity, allegiance, rigour and merits were suppressed by an insincere smile? This couldn't be right. It has to be more. I tried hard to shush an evil voice inside my head. I knew it was trying to tell me the truth. I didn't wanted to hear. Despite trying hard not to, I still sensed some unconnected words echoing in my head. ....dim....boring....parsimonious.... No, I'm not! Shush! ....would your brain lie to you, sweetheart?..... I'll put them in adoption if they'll continue! Shush! ....spoilsport!.... At this point I nearly burst in a hysterical laugh. See, I'm not boring! See!