Santi90
Have you ever travelled alone? I have never travelled alone, whenever I travel I always do it with my friends, however, I would like to travel on my own to one foreign country at least in my life, just for experiencing something new in regard to travelling. What do you think about the pros and cons of travelling by yourself? I am going to talk about the possible advantages of travelling alone, because If I talk about both the upsides and downsides of it I would have to do a really long essay. First of all, you can visit whatever place you like and attend the events you like, of course if you are travelling with more people you can do whatever you want on your own, but for me, at least, it is more enjoyable to be the majority of the time with my friends when I am travelling with them, because I want to do things together in order to experience new things and have really funny anedcotes to talk about in the future. The second advantage would be that you will be more willing to talk with the locals, because if you don't talk to some people at least during the whole travel you will spend the entire travel without socializing even a bit, and at least for me It wouldn't be as half as funny and enjoyable as a great travel could be, you know, when I am in a foreign country I want to meet people, know more about the culture of the country and even practise my language skills given that the local language is a language that I like and I am interested in learning.

Have you ever travelled alone?

I have never travelled alone, whenever I travel I always do it with my friends, however, I would like to travel on my own to one foreign country at least once in my life, just for experiencing something new in regard to travelling.
What do you think about the pros and cons of travelling by yourself?
I am going to talk about the possible advantages of travelling alone, because If I talk about both the upsides and downsides of it I would have to do a really long essay.
First of all, you can visit whatever place you like and attend the events you like, of course if you are travelling with more people you can do whatever you want on your own, but for me, at least, it is more enjoyable to be the majority of the time with my friends when I am travelling with them, because I want to do things together in order to experience new things and have really funny anecdotes (<em>stories, anecdote más formal)</em> to talk about in the future.
The second advantage would be that you will be more willing to talk with the locals, because if you don't talk to some people at least during the whole trip you will spend the entire time or trip without socializing even a bit, and at least for me It wouldn't be as half as fun and enjoyable as a great trip could be, you know, when I am in a foreign country I want to meet people, know more about the culture of the country and even practise my language skills given that the local language is a language that I like and I am interested in learning.

Estaría preocupado de encontrar por casualidad a personas malvadas. Creo que hay solo unos cuantos en  cada país pero cuando estés solo, se vuelva en una situación peligra más rápido. Si ya has viajado a un lugar, quizás vuelva a viajar más seguramente. También te doy le surgencia de saber muy bien el idioma

es verdad que "travel" puede ser substantivo, pero no usamos así

Intenta así: In all his travels, his most favorite place to visit was the Colosseum in Rome.

Haha great, I understand, I bet that the experience was incredible in order to step out of your comfort zone. I definitely have to try, great remark :)
I went to Madrid once by myself and had a wonderful time. Of course, as you discussed, I met many wonderful people while I was there so I was not completely alone. I recommend the experience, but only to a person who is okay with being on their own for a while. I am a bit of an introvert, so for me it is a pleasure.