Oscar
The Gambler The film is about the life of one university professor who is a gambler. The protagonist's name is Jim Bennett. Jim works as professor in one important university and he comes from a wealthy family, nevertheless his problem with the game had made that he incurs in a huge debt with the boss of the Korean mob, who is the owner of an illegal casino, and with a loan shark. Jim tries to solve his problems asking his rich mother for money, she firstly refuses to help him but finally she gives him the money after all he is her own son. His mother's money isn't going to solve the problem because instead of pay the debt he lost every dollar in a casino. At the same time he stars a relationship whit one of his students. What I had liked more were how the film shows that one addiction can destroy the life of the addict and whom is around him, and how is described that is very complicated to get rid of the problem because the problem growth throughout time. What I had liked least about the film were that for me the plot is a bit confused and slow. Perhaps for that the film had been a little boring.
1

The Gambler

The film is about the life of one university professor who is a gambler. The protagonist's name is Jim Bennett. Jim works as professor in one important university and he comes from a wealthy family, nevertheless his problem with gambling causes him to incurs in a huge debt with the boss of the Korean mob, who is the owner of an illegal casino, and with a loan shark. Jim tries to solve his problems asking his rich mother for money, she firstly refuses to help him but finally she gives him the money after all he is her own son. His mother's money isn't going to solve the problem because instead of paying the debt he lost every dollar in a casino. At the same time he starts a relationship with one of his students.

What I had liked more was how the film shows that one addiction can destroy the life of the addict and who is around him, and how the movie describes the complication of getting rid of the problem because the problem grows with time. What I had liked least about the film was that for me the plot is a bit confusing and slow. Perhaps that's why the film was a little boring.