Pascale
Spring Spring is all over. Birds sing early in the morning. The grass, the flowers, the trees grow fast in my garden. Tulips are blooming. It's high time to take care of the garden. Today, I mowed the lawn. It was a hard work because my mower is quite hard to start. I have to pull a wire vigorously. Sometimes I manage to do it, sometimes I fail and I need to call my son or my husband to help me. It took me two hours to mow the grass all around the house, put the cut grass in paper bags and handpull the weeds. Afterwards, I planted tomatoes, carots, salads, radish, rasberries and strawberries. I hope they will grow well because I would love eating my own fruits and vegetables. Now, I'm exhausted but proud of my work. My body hurts all over but I'm sure that I'm going to sleep well tonight.

Spring

Spring is all over. Birds sing early in the morning. The grass, the flowers, the trees grow fast in my garden. Tulips are blooming. It's high time to take care of the garden.
Today, I mowed the lawn. It was a hard work because my mower is quite hard to start. I have to pull a wire vigorously. Sometimes I manage to do it, sometimes I fail and I need to call my son or my husband to help me. It took me two hours to mow the grass all around the house, put the cut grass in paper bags and handpull the weeds. Afterwards, I planted tomatoes, carots, salads, radish, rasberries and strawberries. I hope they will grow well because I would love eating my own fruits and vegetables. Now, I'm exhausted but proud of my work. My body hurts all over but I'm sure that I'm going to sleep well tonight.

a wire - the starter?

Good writing, sounds like a nice day.

Although this was written in 2015, it speaks to me in 2018! We have had both snow and sunshine this week in Massachusetts, leaving us as confused about the season as our first visiting robin is. Your writing is evocative in its detail. You make me impatient for our crocuses, let alone our tulips! ¶ Concerning your piece, anything I propose may now be old hat to you as you have probably advanced in your English. Nevertheless, here are a few thoughts: ¶ "Spring is all over" implies "Spring is finished", whereas you mean to say it is well underway. "Spring is everywhere [in our town]" is more descriptive without being ambiguous. Also, as a one who hates recoil starters on lawn mowers, I would call that demoralizing bit of mechanics a "starter cord". It isn't a wire or a cable because it is made of cord, not metal. Maybe it should be renamed the "sometimes it starts, sometimes it doesn't cord". ¶ As for your veggies: ¶ The orange root vegetable gains an "r" and loses a "t" going from French to English. la carotte --> the carrot. The "radis" that looks plural in French is a singular "radish", and when harvested, you have "a bunch of radishes". They taste the same in French and English! ¶ Les framboises --> the raspberries, have "rasp" at the beginning. Oxford says it comes from "raspis". Others say it refers to the fine hairy sprouts on its rough surface that look barbed like a rasp [tool] or a cat's tongue. If you look closely at a raspberry, you will see them. Another kind of raspberry is not sweet; it is the derisive, crude sound made by blowing through loose lips. Either definition is pronounced without a /p/. Phoenetically, they are both "razz"berries. ¶ Here we would plant "salad greens" (lettuces, spinach, endive, kale, etc.). Of course, in our garden, that would more likely make the deer and rabbits happy before the greens ever landed on our plates! ¶ Happy spring 2018 to you!

Spring

Today, I mowed the lawn. It was a hard work because my mower is quite hard to start. I have to pull the cord a wire vigorously. Sometimes I manage to do it, sometimes I fail and I need to call my son or my husband to help me. It took me two hours to mow the grass all around the house, put the cut grass in paper bags and pull out the weeds by hand. handpull the weeds. Afterwards, I planted tomatoes, carrots carots, salads, radishes radish, rasberries and strawberries. I hope they will grow well because I would love eating to eat my own fruits and vegetables. Now, I'm exhausted but proud of my work. My body hurts all over but I'm sure that I'm going to sleep well tonight.