Natasha
Beijing No visit to China would be complete without going to Shanghai, where you can expect to find a fresh, sophisticated now city awaiting you. While its sights may not be as grand or historical as cities such as Beijing or Xi`an, there's certainly enough to keep you enchanted during your visit to this rich and cosmopolitan city which is said have had a shining future as Asia`s major centre of economy and trade. No one anticipated the pace of change in Beijing was quite as fast as it has been! In 1985, Shanghai had one skyscraper, now it has around 3,000, in addition to have literally hundreds of new air-conditioned shopping centres and convenience stores. As well as drink in the city`s vibrant atmosphere, don`t forget spending some time to look around the Old City to the west of the Huang Pu River that divides Shanghai in two. Above all, enjoy your trip! However, let me give you a word of warning - it is perhaps best to avoid Shanghai altogether during Chinese New Year, but if you do decide to go during this time, be prepared to have a hard time getting around in the crowds for most shop, businesses and tourist attractions will be closed to make shopping difficult.

Beijing

No visit to China would be complete without going to Shanghai, where you can expect to find a fresh, sophisticated new (or "modern") city awaiting you. While its sights may not be as grand or historical as those of cities such as Beijing or Xi`an, there's certainly enough to keep you enchanted during your visit to this rich and cosmopolitan city which is said have had a shining future as Asia`s major centre of economy and trade.
No one anticipated the pace of change in Beijing would be quite as fast as it has been! In 1985, Shanghai had one skyscraper, now it has around 3,000, in addition to having literally hundreds of new air-conditioned shopping centres and convenience stores.
As well as drinking in the city`s vibrant atmosphere, don`t forget to spend some time looking around the Old City to the west of the Huang Pu River that divides Shanghai in two.
Above all, enjoy your trip! However, let me give you a word of warning - it is perhaps best to avoid Shanghai altogether during Chinese New Year, but if you do decide to go during this time, be prepared to have a hard time getting around in the crowds, for most shops, businesses and tourist attractions will be closed -- making shopping difficult.

Excellent -- getting close to native speaker level -- congratulations.