Jason
Starting out. Hello everybody. So I am just making this first post here to try and tell everybody what I know with the Japanese language and how I know it in order to show how I learn and what makes me remember what each word means. I'm gonna be putting the words both in kanji with a slash and then typing the word out with English alphabet letters just in case something happens as a mistake. I'm mostly focusing on the speech portion right now because I think its easier to learn for me. Plus I have dyslexia and that probably would not help me any. So ya. If there is any additional information you think would help me learning these words then please tell me. そら/Sora = The Sky りく/Riku = The land or the earth. かいり/Kairi = The sea. These three words are easy for me to remember because I'm a fan of the Video Game series kingdom hearts and I've learned what each of their names mean. A lot of what I know from the Japanese language is credited to this fact. Also it helps with these specific characters designs with Sora having blue eyes for the sky, Riku having green eyes for grass. うずまき/Uzumaki = A spiral うちは/Uchiha = Paper fans. Naruto helps with these two. Since Naruto and Sasukes last names have representations on their back. I think Uchiha can also mean to fan something because of one song I know, but Ill get to that at a later date. どもありがと/Domo Arigato = Thank you very much. I first heard this from the Styx Song Mr Roboto and learned what it meant. おはよう/Ohayou = Good morning こんいちわ/Konnichiwa = Hello/Good Afternoon. こんばんわ/Konbanwa = Good evening/Good night. さよなら/Sayonara = Good bye じゃね/Ja ne = See you later. そか/Soka = I see These are just ones I remember with actually talking to people and using these terms. かわいい/Kawaii = Cute This was simple to learn as literally every anime ever has used this term in some way. うそ/Uso = You lie! Really?! You must be kidding! きらきら/Kirakira = Shining なに/Nani = What? With these terms I have to thank watching Super Sentai for this. I watched ToQger all last year (2014) til Feburary of this year and picked up some words they used quite a bit repeating. すごい/Sugoi = Cool/Awesome かっこいい/kakkoii = Cool/Awesome These two are ones I kept hearing over and over in various Japanese shows and I looked these up to learn their meaning. Thats all I can think of at the moment. Plus my character limit is running out. Hope this was informal friends.