Lachesis
VoxWave and ALYS : My experience as a lyricist Do you know ALYS, the first frenchspeaking virtual singer? If you're not into japanese pop culture there isn't the slightest chance. Well, I know her. I've always been really interested in that kind of technology, because of the exceptional social phenomenon it created. Just imagine, thousands and thousands of artists all around the world creating together, without any borders! I love that. Well, friends of mine decided to found a society called VoxWave and to produce the first frenchpseaking virtual muse : ALYS. Their project is focussed on the cultural and artistic branch of the virtual singers that I loved so I proposed to help them. Soon, I became a lyricist for them and part of their closest crew. Writing lyrics was so complicated! I've been an amateur writer for years and thought it would be like writing a poem. I was so wrong. When you write lyrics, you have to think about... The music! It's not as obvious as it seems. Each word is important. You have to respect the rythm, the strong times, the pronunciation of each word have to recreate the melody even acapella. And I wasn't used to that at all. My first try was really poetic an lyric but for a song it was useless. I was so happy with it that when the compositor told me he couldn't use them I almost cried. In the begining, I didn't saw the problem so I tried to sing my lyrics by myself, with the music and I couldn't. The syllables didn't respect the melody enough so it was almost impossible to respect the text while singing. So I learned to write while listening the music or humming slowly the words I use. Now, I'm even prouder of thenew lyrics I gave them because being a lyricist is such a challenge!

VoxWave and ALYS : My experience as a lyricist

Do you know ALYS, the first frenchspeaking virtual singer? If you're not into japanese pop culture then there isn't the slightest chance.
Well, I know her. I've always been really interested in that kind of technology, because of the exceptional social phenomenon it created. Just imagine, thousands and thousands of artists all around the world creating together, without any borders! I love that.

Well, friends of mine decided have to found a society called VoxWave and to produce the first frenchpseaking virtual muse : ALYS. Their project is focused on the cultural and artistic branch of the virtual singers that I loved, so I proposed to help them. Soon, I became a lyricist for them and part of their closest crew.

Writing lyrics was so complicated! I've been an amateur writer for years and thought it would be like writing a poem. I was so wrong. When you write lyrics, you have to think about... The music! It's not as obvious as it seems.
Each word is important. You have to respect the rythm, the strong times, the pronunciation of each word have to recreate the melody even in acapella. And I wasn't used to that at all. My first try was a really poetic an lyric, but for a song it was useless. I was so happy with it that when the compositor told me he couldn't use them I almost cried. In the begining beginning, I didn't see the problem so I tried to sing my lyrics by myself, with the music but I couldn't.
The syllables didn't respect the melody enough so it was almost impossible to respect the text while singing. So I learned to write while listening to the music or humming the words I use slowly.

Now, I'm even prouder of the new lyrics I gave them because being a lyricist is such a challenge!

You're English is amazing! Despite a few grammatical errors, you have a bigger vocabulary than a lot of my (American) friends do when they write.

<em>This is some really outstanding writing for a non-native speaker!  In fact, the first couple of paragraphs really sounded like something a native speaker would write.  So, please realize that most of the changes I'm recommending are pretty minor.  Some are required, of course--for example, remember that in English, all nationalities are capitalized, every time.  But that's an easy thing to correct.</em>

Do you know ALYS, the first frenchspeaking French-speaking virtual singer? If you're not into Japanese pop culture there isn't the slightest chance.
Well, I know her. <em> </em>I've always been really interested in that kind of technology, because of the exceptional social phenomenon it created. Just imagine, thousands and thousands of artists all around the world, creating music together, without any borders. I love that!

Well, friends of mine decided to found a society called VoxWave, and to produce the first frenchspeaking French-speaking virtual muse : ALYS. Their project is focussed on the cultural and artistic branch of the virtual singers that I loved, so I proposed to help them. Soon, I became a lyricist for them and part of their closest crew.

Writing lyrics was so complicated! I've been an amateur writer for years and thought it would be like writing a poem. I was so wrong. When you write lyrics, you have to think about...the music! It's not as obvious as it seems.
Each word is important. You have to respect the rhythm: the strong times beat and the pronunciation of each word have to recreate should match the melody, even <em>a capella</em>. And I wasn't used to that at all. My first try was really poetic and lyrical, but for a song it was useless. I was so happy with it I had been so pleased with my lyrics that when the compositor songwriter told me he couldn't use them, I almost cried. In the begining, I didn't saw the problem so I tried to sing my lyrics by myself, with the music and I couldn't.  At first, I didn't understand what the problem was. But when I tried myself to sing the lyrics along with the music--and couldn't--I totally got it!

The syllables didn't "respect" <em>(This is not a word we would normally use here, but I like it! When a word is used in an innovative way like this, it's a good idea to put it inside of quotation marks.)</em> the melody enough, so it was almost impossible to respect <em>(and since this is the second time the word is used, you can omit the quotation marks)</em> the text while singing. So I learned to write while listening to <em>(écouter = listen to)</em> the music, or by slowly humming slowly the words I wanted to use. <em>Word order with adverbs is often different in English, compared to French, but in general, in English we like to have the direct object immediately after the verb.  I think in French, you like to put the adverb immediately after the verb?  So, in this case, you could either say "...by slowly humming the words I wanted to use" OR "...by humming the words I wanted to use, slowly to myself."</em>

Now, I'm even prouder of the new lyrics I gave them, because being a lyricist is such a challenge!

<em>Again, that was really good work! :)</em>