Adriana95
広東語を読めたい!!! 私はオーストラリアで生まれたが。中国系がある。祖父は広東語や官話やベトナム語で話せる。でも私は英語と広東語だけ話せる。もう時々ホンコンから家族に喋ったら分かりにくい。だから子供の時に広東語で書いたり読んだり擦ること学びたかった。 It's pretty annoying being illiterate in a language, especially when your accent in Cantonese makes you sound like a bogun, (Bogun? Bogan?) and it would have been REALLY useful when I started to learn Japanese. What I've written in Japanese should /I hope says 'I was born in Australia, (contrast が particle not really sure how to explain) I have Chinese lineage. My grandpa can speak Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese etc, but I can only speak English and Chinese. Sometimes when I talk to family from Hong Kong, it's difficult to understand. Therefore I wish when I was a child, I had learned to read and write in Cantonese. (This last sentence was really difficult for me because I wasn't sure what tense I would use and where.)
1

広東語を読みたい(/読めるようになりたい)!!!

私はオーストラリアで生まれたが、中国にルーツを持つ。祖父は広東語や官話やベトナム語で(better )話せる。でも私は英語と広東語だけ話せる(/だけしか話せない)。う時々ホンコン家族に喋るとき、たまに分かりにくいことがある。だから子供の時に広東語で書いたり読んだりすること学びたかった。

It's pretty annoying being illiterate in a language, especially when your accent in Cantonese makes you sound like a bogun, (Bogun? Bogan?) and it would have been REALLY useful when I started to learn Japanese.

What I've written in Japanese should /I hope says 'I was born in Australia, (contrast が particle not really sure how to explain) I have Chinese lineage. My grandpa can speak Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese etc, but I can only speak English and Chinese. Sometimes when I talk to family from Hong Kong, it's difficult to understand. Therefore I wish when I was a child, I had learned to read and write in Cantonese. (This last sentence was really difficult for me because I wasn't sure what tense I would use and where.)

Great!:)

Maybe not a bogan then, but the accent is medium - strong.
Bogan, I don't think the accent would make you sound like a bogan.