Where to put your smoked cigarette? Sometimes I'm a bit mad at people throwing their cigarettes away regardless whether there is an ashtrray nearby or not. I don't know if this is common in your country, but in mine (Germany) many people smoke a cigarette and throw it away after finishing it. I wonder that there's hardly someone who's resented by that (besides of me). For me, it's not only ugly too see all these cigarette butts almost everywhere, but I've also serious concerns about what that means to the environment. Some smokers don't even extinguish their cigarette before throwing it away and risk to provoke a bush fire especially in countries with hotter, drier climate like the US for example. The other day I was driving behind a man smoking is his car. After finishing his cigarette, he opened the window and threw it out on the street directly in front of my car. I honked at him and instead of signalling me an excuse, he jammed on the brakes to show me his lack of understanding. I could prevent an accident and asked myself later if I was the one who had overreacted in this situation. Was it a good idea to honk? I'm not sure if I will do that again, but shouldn't those people be informed that there are other people who disagree completely with such a behaviour?
Ruthi, you are absolutely right and I fully agree with you. I should become calmer and I also should not try to educate other people. But in such a situation I often act spontaneously and regret that afterwards. I know that's silly, but sometimes my brain is too slow to stop me acting in such a way. But I'm working on it ;-)
I completely agree with you and I really hate people smoking in public and throwing trash around.However the problem is that I think it is almost impossible to "educate" adults and get them to change their behaviour.It is hard enough to get children to behave differently- I think it is impossible with adults.So the only thing that you are doing is punishing yourself for the stupidity of another person,by making yourself upset.This is my opinion.IT is possible to influence people through broadcasts on TV and so on,but one person who tells another not to behave that way is not going to make any difference.

Where to put your smoked cigarettes?

Sometimes I'm a bit mad at people throwing their cigarettes away regardless whether there is an ashtrray nearby or not. I don't know if this is common in your country, but in mine (Germany) many people smoke cigarettes and throw it away after finishing it. I wonder if there's hardly someone who resents this. (besides me).

For me, it's not only ugly too see all these cigarette butts everywhere, but I am also seriously concerned about what it does to the environment. Some smokers don't even extinguish their cigarette before throwing it away, it can provoke a bush fire especially in countries with hotter and drier climate like US for example. 

The other day I was driving behind a man who was smoking in his car. After finishing his cigarette, he opened the window and threw it out on the street directly While still driving on the road. I honked at him and instead of signalling an excuse, he jammed on the brakes to show me his lack of understanding. ???
I could have prevented his action. I asked myself later I was the one who overreacted in this situation. Was it a good idea to honk? I'm not sure whether or not I will do that ever again, but shouldn't those people be informed that there is other people who completely disagree with such a behaviour?