brook
My Home Town I lived in Chung Hsein New Village, Nantoa County, for twenty four years long before moving to Changhua County twenty four years ago. The village was at its hay day during the period I lived there. However, most of the residents are retired people now partly because of the policy of our country and partly because of the violent earthquake on September 21, 1999. For me, there are so many memories there. The road the house of my home located is named Mountains Circling. In the mountains, whose name is Rock and which is very smooth, there were little streams of clean and clear water, where the children of my neighborhood and we brothers and sister usually went for play. We used to walk on the stones under the streams and to catch fish between them. In the mountains, there was a low house and an old man within. We enjoyed climbing up the roof of it, seeing from a block of glass the action of the old man. Once he discovered, running out to catch us; I, who was always the slowest of all children, missed one of my slippers through the adventure. We also picked clay from the mountains to mold different kinds of toys. There was a large yard within each house there. We fed little animals and planted trees and flowers around. We just called the name loud across the yard when we visited each other. There were few cars on the streets. Everywhere were dogs and cats which were never afraid of people. Birds played with us as well as sang songs which were not understandable to us. No matter it was windy or it rained, I had a trip around the house of my beloved boy by bicycle every night during my junior high school days. Then, I sat in front of the window in my room, watched the moon that shone on the window of his room as well, and made up my mind to give up the first choice in the Entrance Examination of High School to be his schoolmates continuously. My two brothers have ever told me that after being retired, they will buy a piece of field and build a house there, which place we remember with nostalgia and longing forever.