LKImmm
Does cat understand their name? Since last year, I started raising a cat. It was the first time in my life that I have my own pet. Her name is O-bok which means 5 traditional fortune in our country. In fact, she was a stray cat abandoned from her ex-owners. They just dumped her on a road, tying her neck up by a thick heavy rope. Fortunately she met me, and we bacame a family. s She's calm lovely cat, but I have a few small problems. Can I train her to understand what I say? Like 'Sit down' or 'Stop crying'. And is it possible for cats to understand their name and respond to owners' voice calling their name? + She's about 6-months-old

Does cats understand their names?

Since last year, I started raising a cat(I started raising a cat last year). It was This is the first time in my life that I have my own pet. Her name is O-bok which means 5 traditional fortune in our my country.
In fact, she was a stray cat abandoned from by her ex-owners. They just dumped her on a road, tying her neck up by  with a thick and heavy rope. Fortunately she met me, and we bacame became a family.
s
She's calm lovely cat, but I have she has a few small problems. Can I train her to understand what I say? Like 'Sit down' or 'Stop crying'. And is it possible for cats to understand their name and respond to owners' voice calling their name?

+ She's about 6-months-old

Hello! You write very well. I could understand your main ideas. There were just a few grammar corrections, but otherwise you are doing great :) keep writing!

I'm glad you were able to save O-bok, she seems very sweet and young. I agree with Hayden, if you take time to train O-bok through repeated action she will be able to understand her name and commands. But in my experiences cats tend to do what they want to do! I have only known 2 cats that listen to commands. But these cats are proof that it can work! Good luck 화이팅!

In my opinion, I think teaching cats that are calm would be easier compared to more playful and lazy cats. ^^ She seems young. Over time, if you repeat the same actions with some hand gestures like pointing your hand, O-bok will eventually understand. The same can be said if you address her by her name constantly. It will take time for her to get used to certain commands and you. So, just be patient. Good luck :)