Abby
Freedom of Speech Freedom of speech is the right for people can express their opinions and ideas freely. It’s the basic right in a democracy. The citizens are able to participate in selecting their government, as well as freedom of expression, freedom of association, etc. I agree completely with the statement. Everyone have the right to communicate their thought, and we should respect the opinions that different from us. Like the famous quote, "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it". But the right should be restrict in the some certain situations. Common limitations on speech relate to libel, slander, obscenity, sedition, hate speech, incitement, fighting words, classified information, copyright violation, trade secrets, etc. All of these are for security and respect reasons. If the right is without any limitations, there would be extending a lot of problems, and cause social unrest. In short, freedom of speech is an important component to the free societies. I hope more and more governments can legislate the law, allowing the people having freedom of speech.
1

Freedom of Speech

Freedom of speech is the right for people to express their opinions and ideas freely. It’s a basic right in a democracy. The citizens are able to participate in selecting their government, as well as freedom of expression, freedom of association, etc.

I agree completely with the statement. Everyone should have the right to communicate their thought, and we should respect the opinions that are different from us. Like the famous quote, "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend it to the death for your right to say it".

But the right should be restrict in the some certain situations. Common limitations on speech relate to libel, slander, obscenity, sedition, hate speech, incitement, fighting words, classified information, copyright violation, trade secrets, etc. All of these are for security and respect reasons. If the right is without any limitations, it would be extending a lot of problems, and cause social unrest.

In short, freedom of speech is an important component to the free societies. I hope more and more governments can legislate the law, allowing the people to have freedom of speech.

Nicely written! I only made a few small corrections.

I agree that everyone should have a right to convey their thoughts and opinions. Keep it up!

I agree with you, freedom of speech is essential for human growth. However many people need to learn how to be more responsible with it, different viewpoints are fine but many use it as a free ticket to be offensive and hurtful. . There is a quote: "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." ~kierkegaard søren. Alongside freedom of speech/expression there needs to be understanding and compassion