Misa
4/29/2015 I have read a meaningful article in a local newspaper and I love it very much. The title of the article is “You are the big tree of someone”. The story unfolds when a hopeless man comes to the edge of a cliff. He decides to end his life. Looking back to his miserable life, he has worked very hard yet hardly making a living. Today, he has lost all the courage to live on. He sits by the cliff and sobbed out all his miseries aloud. Suddenly, he hears a bitter weeping of the only tree by cliff side. “Why are you crying? Are you as unfortunate as me?” the man asks the tree. The tree replied “I am the most misfortune tree in the world.” I live by a barren cliff where water and food are scarce. I am so bony and malnutrition. The environment is so harsh that my limbs cannot fully expand properly. My roots cannot grow deep between the rocks. I swings in the wind gust and shivers in the cold”. The man feels empathy and says, “In this case, let’s jump off the cliff together.” The tree says, “Dying is easy, but there isn’t any other tree by the cliff, and therefore I cannot die.” “Look at the bird nest on the tree. There live two magpies. They have built their happy family on my twigs. If I were not around, I wonder what would happen to them.” The tree continues. Upon hearing to this, the man comes as a rude awakening. He retreats from the cliff edge and heads home. The true value of a person is how much he has contributed to the society. No matter how insignificant you are, you do not live for yourself. There is always someone who needs you. You are the tree of this “somebody”.

4/29/2015

I have read a meaningful article in a local newspaper and I love it very much. The title of the article is “You are the big tree of someone”.
The story unfolds when a hopeless man comes to the edge of a cliff. He decides to end his life. Looking back to his miserable life, he has worked very hard yet hardly making a living. Today, he has lost all the courage to live on.
He sits by the cliff and sobbed out all his miseries aloud. Suddenly, he hears a bitter weeping of the only tree by cliff side.
“Why are you crying? Are you as unfortunate as me?” the man asks the tree.
The tree replied “I am the most misfortune tree in the world.” I live by a barren cliff where water and food are scarce. I am so bony and malnourished. The environment is so harsh that my limbs cannot fully expand properly. My roots cannot grow deep between the rocks. I swing in the wind and gust and shiver in the cold”.
The man feels empathy and says, “In this case, let’s jump off the cliff together.”
The tree says, “Dying is easy, but there isn’t any other tree by the cliff, and therefore I cannot die.”
“Look at the bird nest on the tree. There lives two magpies. They have built their happy family on my twigs. If I were not around, I wonder what would happen to them.” The tree continues.
Upon hearing this, the man comes as a rude awakening. He retreats from the cliff edge and heads home.
The true value of a person is how much he has contributed to the society. No matter how insignificant you are, you do not live for yourself. There is always someone who needs you. You are the tree of this “somebody”.

Wow that was a great and inspiring story! And you translated it well. Nice job :D