Fabio
Cars should be banned from the centres of all the major cities? All around the world there are different solutions regarding the possibility to enter with own cars in the city centre. Some cities banned cars at all, while other municipalities decided to introduce a fee and other cities do not have a strict policy about the issue. I think that city centres should show the best outlook of the city. It should be clean and comfortable for visitors. Surely it is important that city centre can be reached easily. But there are a lot of means of transport which are better than own cars to arrive in city centre. I mean public transportation, bikes, taxi, rental cars, for example. On the other hand some shops and other commercial activities are expressing their disapproval because they verified a loss of customers, especially if they are located in a banned zone, but outside the city centre. In my opinion banning the cars it is a right idea to preserve the quality of life and to face the air pollution in the city centre. However this decision must be managed so wisely as not to damage the other parts of the city.