Miguel Angel
CAE Report - School of language Numbers of foreign students attending a language school in your town have been falling recently and a governor´s committee has been established to increased future numbers. The school principal has asked you to write a report for this committee on the current situation and to recommend how more students could be attracted to the school. Your report should address the folliwng: • What attracts foreigners to your town. • New teaching methods and facilities that could be offered. • How leisure facilities and opportunities for socializing could be improved. Write your report in 220-260 words. Introduction The purpose of this report is to explain the current situation regarding the recent decrease in the number of students attending the language school and at the same time, to suggest some recommendations in order to solve it. The town attractions In spite of the fact that Benicasim is an appealing and cosmopolitan city placed in the eastern coast of Spain with awesome beaches and an international music festival, to my mind a set of negative effects have lately provoked a radical decrease in the number of students. Old fashion teaching methods Some students recognise that most of teachers are experienced but complain about the use of old-fashion methods in the classes such as drilling or translation, useless from a communicative point of view. This problem could be overcome by training teachers in new teaching methods such as the communicative approach or the computer-based learning. The Class size Other complaints are related to the class size. Large classes reduce the student´s opportunities to speak, something critical when it comes to developing the student´s communicative competences, and complicate student´s individual attention and support so smaller classes are demanded if you are aimed at solving this problem. Lack of outdoor and out-of-school activities Finally, several students miss the lack of outdoor and out-of-school activities as well as leisure facilities that allows them to put into practice their learning beyond the school walls and establish closer relationships with their classmates, encouraging thus their socialization. This could be easily solved by encouraging the local government working together with the school to organise and promote activities such as excursion

CAE Report - School of language

Numbers of foreign students attending a language school in your town have been falling recently and a governor´s committee has been established to increased future numbers.
The school principal has asked you to write a report for this committee on the current situation and to recommend how more students could be attracted to the school. Your report should address the folliwng:  What attracts foreigners to your town, new teaching methods and facilities that could be offered, how leisure facilities and opportunities for socializing could be improved. Write your report in 220-260 words.

Introduction

The purpose of this report is to explain the current situation regarding the recent decrease in the number of students attending the language school and at the same time, to suggest some recommendations in order to solve it.

The town attractions

In spite of the fact that Benicasim is an appealing and cosmopolitan city placed in the eastern coast of Spain with awesome beaches and an international music festival, to my mind a set of negative effects have lately provoked a radical decrease in the number of students.

Old fashion teaching methods

Some students recognise that most of teachers are experienced but complain about the use of old-fashion methods in the classes such as drilling or translation, useless from a communicative point of view. This problem could be overcome by training teachers in new teaching methods such as the communicative approach or the computer-based learning.

The Class size

Other complaints are related to the class size. Large classes reduce the student´s opportunities to speak, something critical when it comes to developing the student´s communicative competences, and complicate student´s individual attention and support so smaller classes are demanded if you are aimed at solving this problem.

Lack of outdoor and out-of-school activities

Finally, several students miss the lack of outdoor and out-of-school activities as well as leisure facilities that allows them to put into practice their learning beyond the school walls and establish closer relationships with their classmates, encouraging thus their socialization. This could be easily solved by encouraging the local government working together with the school to organise and promote activities such as excursions, workshops, beach parties or sport tournaments.