Cemetery Visit How often do you go to cemeteries? I go there few times a year. I visit some relatives there, however the main reason is to help my mom. In my country, as people get older, they tend to visit cemeteries more often. Maybe because they feel nostalgic and want to remember their memories. Or maybe because they feel that their time is coming and subconsciously they want to make sure that they won't be forgotten after death. For me, those visits are quite educative. I had an uncle, died 3 years ago. And I didn't realize that it had been 3 years till I saw his tomb stone yesterday. Same thing goes with some other close relatives too. It is quite interesting how quickly we adapt to absence of our loved ones. Of course I didn't forget them but my ignorance shows that I pushed these losses deep into my subconscious. When we lose someone close to us, we question our lives, we think of our own deaths, and our value judgments are perturbed for some time etc but eventually we forget. We rarely take permanent measures. I, also, had some thoughts during their funerals but then I was carried away by the flow of daily problems. One should never forget that life is short. Each one of us should find our purpose in this life. For some it is to worship a god, for some it is family, for some it is pleasure... No matter which one is yours, you should put it into the center of your life and live accordingly. Don't let small daily concerns cause you to forget that you are living.
I take a walk to a cemetery sometimes, it's very quiet there even in a noisy city. And no wind.