summer1985
Looked at TED's speech Looked at TED's speech:如何在6个月内学会任何一种外语,I'm determined to conquer English I came across this TED talk yesterday in which Chris Lonsdale, a psychologist from New Zealand talks about language learning. He believes that anybody can learn a language in six months if they follow the five principles and seven actions that he has formulated after assessing all the research available on language learning. 昨天我看了一个TED演讲,来自新西兰的语言学家Chris Lonsdale讲了语言学习的方法。在评估了所有语言学习的研究之后,他总结出了5个原则、7个行动。他相信只要遵从这5个原则、践行这7个行动,任何人都能在6个月内学会一种外语。 The five principles are: 5个原则: 1. Focus on language content that is relevant to you. 专注和你日常相关的语言内容。 2. Use your language as a tool to communicate from day 1. 从学习这门语言的第一天开始,就把它当做你的交流方式。 3. When you understand the message you will acquire the language unconsciously. 当你明白含义之后,你会慢慢不知不觉地习得这门语言。 4. Language is not about accumulating a lot of knowledge but is rather a type of physiological training. 语言学习不是大量知识的积累,而更像是一种生理训练。 5. Psycho-physiological state matters – you need to be happy, relaxed, and most importantly, you need to be tolerant of ambiguity. Don’t try to understand every detail as it will drive you crazy. 心理状态和生理状态都很重要:你需要愉快、放松,最重要的是对于模棱两可要有一定容忍性。对于细枝末节不要过于纠结,因为那会把你逼疯的。

Looked at TED's speech

Looked at TED's speech:如何在6个月内学会任何一种外语,I'm determined to conquer English

I came across this TED talk yesterday in which Chris Lonsdale, a psychologist from New Zealand talks about language learning. He believes that anybody can learn a language in six months if they follow the five principles and seven actions that he has formulated after assessing all the research available on language learning.

昨天我看了一个TED演讲,来自新西兰的语言学家Chris Lonsdale讲了语言学习的方法。在评估了所有语言学习的研究之后,他总结出了5个原则、7个行动。他相信只要遵从这5个原则、践行这7个行动,任何人都能在6个月内学会一种外语。

The five principles are:
5个原则:
1. Focus on language content that is relevant to you.
专注和你日常相关的语言内容。

2. Use your language as a tool to communicate from day 1.
从学习这门语言的第一天开始,就把它当做你的交流方式。

3. When you understand the message you will acquire the language unconsciously.
当你明白含义之后,你会慢慢不知不觉地习得这门语言。

4. Language is not about accumulating a lot of knowledge but is rather a type of physiological training.

语言学习不是大量知识的积累,而更像是一种生理训练。
5. Psycho-physiological state matters – you need to be happy, relaxed, and most importantly, you need to be tolerant of ambiguity. Don’t try to understand every detail as it will drive you crazy.

心理状态和生理状态都很重要:你需要愉快、放松,最重要的是对于模棱两可要有一定容忍性。对于细枝末节不要过于纠结,因为那会把你逼疯的。