Cheyenne
Children's shows I'm trying to watch Pororo (for Korean) and Pocoyo (for German) whenever I have time. I still struggle a bit with Korean sentence structure but constantly hearing the language is really helping along with recognizing familiar phrases and words through watching the shows. With German I have a lot less trouble with word recognition but I still struggle with the pace of speech, which is usually remedied by rewatching episodes and catching things I didn't before. What I'm focusing on now for Korean is improve my reading skills as well as study the sentence structure and for German improve my rate of speech. I also think I need to find people to speak with and not be so afraid of making mistakes!
I think your approach for learning foreign language is really good. Like you, I'm trying to listen english program as often as possible even though sometimes I only understand a half of it. And I want to have many oppertunity to speak in English but like you said, fear of making mistake or speaking stupid thing that doesn't make any sense stops me.^^ Let's conquer the fear.!!!!! P.S. You pick the right show for your korean. Pororo is much loved animation in Korea. My daughters used to watch that. Couple of years ago, I often watched "saseme street" and " between the lions" to improve my general English, especially listening skill.^^