Irene
Is the Internet the greatest time waster? My Opinion Essay The Internet is one of the most important inventions in the history of technology. Some people cannot imagine their lives without it. Others think that the Internet is the greatest time waster. I am convinced, the Internet is really useful. Firstly, it performs a communicative function. There are a lot of social networks such as `Facebook` or `Vkontakte` where people can communicate with each other wherever they are. Secondly, there is the abundance of information on the Internet. People can watch educational films, take different courses, read interesting articles etc. Therefore, the Internet expands the mind. Thirdly, there are a lot of people who work online. It is a good opportunity for the stay-at-home sort of people. They work and earn the money on the Internet. On the other hand, some people claim that there are a lot of online games that can be addictive. People play them all the time and do not gain anything from them. I cannot agree with them. Even online games can influence people in a good way. For example, gamers get to know a lot of facts about guns from shooting games. Moreover, online games assume communication with other players during the game. Consequently, they teach people how to work in groups and help them to find new friends. Despite other people’s opinion I am still convinced that the Internet makes people spend their time with useful way. It helps to improve the communicational skills, teaches people new things and creates more business opportunity.