Missionary Tom
Learning Spanish from years ago This story I have shared with a few of my Spanish speaking friends here on italki & with some that are here to learn Spanish. I believe some of you that read this will get a good laugh. Anyway, many years ago, I lived in San Diego, California. I had worked in a car wash there, and several Mexicans from Tijuana would come across the border to work in the states. At one time, there was a particular Mexican gal that I thought was very pretty. So, with what little Spanish I had already learned, I attempted to tell her that she had a pretty face. I had already learned the Spanish word for "face". I also knew the Spanish word for "cow". Now, perhaps I pronounced the word wrong or I was taught wrong. Anyway, what I ended up telling her in Spanish, was that she had a pretty cow. I still remember another Mexican gal coming up to me and asked me: "Tom, what you say"? So, I said it again. It was then that I discovered in what I really said. It was so funny!!! BTW, to add some humor to the story, she was not "big as a cow."
Thank you!!! Yes, it is still funny, even after all these years.
Your story is so funny:)))) LOL