Kate
Sleeping Beauty Hello everyone, my name is Kate and I am a sleepoholic. Yes, I am addicted about sleeping. For me to wake up in the morning as hard as to wake up a bear in winter. All my conscious life it was impossible for me to wake up early. It has begun from my childhood. When it was time for me to wake up my mom always created some tricks for me. She made tasty breakfast in the morning, she turned on cartoons on the TV, so I was excited about them and woke up immediately. She even ironed my clothes when it was cold outside the blanket and I didn’t want to get out from it. My mom is brilliant )I didn’t get out from the bed on my weekends till 12.00p.m. My mom always said “Kitty (yes, that’s how she called me :), wake up! You can over sleep all your life”. And that goes like this till now. No, I’m not saying that my mom still turns on cartoons for me on the TV (what would be great actually) I still don’t like to wake up early. I think the reason of my sleepy is the fact that it is hard for me to go to bed in the evening. I don’t feel sleepy in the evening. I have so much energy to do different things. My brain stops to feel sleepy (it does during the day) and it is ready for any activities. I know that people divided on two groups: owls and skylarks. Skylarks are people who like to wake up in the early morning and by the evening they are passive and feel tried. Owls are those who don’t like mornings. They prefer evening or night time and they are more productive in that period. That’s who I am :) But unfortunately our world is made for skylarks. Employers force employees arrive at work at 8.00 a.m. They don’t care how productive you are at that time. You should just go to the bed early in the evening and next day you will be fresh! Luckly my company allow me to work in flexible schedule. But still, it is hard for me to live. I come at work at 10.00 a.m., work till 19.00 and that is it… Most shops are closed, most of my friend can’t see me because they have to go to bed soon, because they have to wake up early tomorrow. I don’t know if I can change my inner clocks and recreate myself from owl to skylark. Because being honestly deep inside I am jealous to “early bird” kind of people. They live in the propriety world. There is a proverb: “The early bird catches the worm.” (although the early worm is gotten by early bird, what is not good :). I haven’t heard any about late birds ( What do you think about it? What kind of bird are you? :)
1

Sleeping Beauty

Hello everyone, my name is Kate and I am a sleepoholic.

Yes, I am addicted to sleeping. For me, to wake up in the morning as hard as to wake up a bear in winter. 

Since I can remember, it has always been impossible for me to wake up early. It started in my childhood. When it was time for me to wake up, my mom always created some tricks for me. She would make a tasty breakfast in the morning, she turned on the cartoons on TV. I was so excited about them and woke up immediately. She even ironed my clothes when it was cold outside the blanket and I didn’t want to get out from it. My mom is brilliant ) I didn’t get out from bed on weekends till noon. My mom always said “Kitty (yes, that’s how she used to call me :), wake up! You can over sleep all your life”.

And that goes like this till now. No, I’m not saying that my mom still turns on cartoons for me on TV (what would be great, actually) I still don’t like to wake up early. I think the reason of my sleepiness is the fact that it is hard for me to go to bed in the evening. I don’t feel sleepy in the evening. I have so much energy to do different things. My brain stops to feel sleepy (it does during the day) and it is ready for new activities.

I know that people can be divided in two groups: owls and skylarks. Skylarks are people who like to wake up in the early morning and by the evening they are passive and feel tried. Owls are those who don’t like mornings. They prefer evening or night time and they are more productive in that period. That’s who I am :) But unfortunately our world is made for skylarks. Employers force employees to arrive at work at 8.00 a.m. They don’t care how productive you are at that time. You should just go to the bed early in the evening and the next day you are supposed to be fresh! Luckly, my company allows me to work within a flexible schedule. But still, it is hard for me to live. I come to work at 10.00 a.m., work till 19.00 and that is it… Most shops are closed, most of my friends can’t see me because they have to go to bed soon. They have to wake up early the next day.

I don’t know if I can reset my inner clocks and recreate myself from owl to skylark. Honestly, deep inside I am jealous of “early bird” kind of people. They own the world. There is a proverb: “The early bird catches the worm.” (although the early worm is gotten by early birds, which is not good :). I haven’t heard about any late birds (

What do you think about it? What kind of bird are you? :)

Ahah ) thank you :) By the way, I am a software engineer as well. And I'm totally worthless in the morning. My brain activity starts after 1p.m. I can't affect on it (
June 2, 2015
Really enjoyed the note! Yeah people do change from owls to skylark. I started a night job n became an Owl but thank God I'm back to normal life again or in your words Im a Skylark now lol. It sound like Star wars type thingy!
June 2, 2015
Oh wow! Please, tell me how you did that! I want to be able to do this too :)
June 2, 2015
Thanks Kate for sharing this nice comparison, and actually from my personal experience, I can shift my inner clocks and recreate myself from owl to skylark, and now I'm love both morning and evening :) I can share more detailed insights later on :)