Elena
something about Soviet Union In Russia you can often run into that (it happens often), not very distant relatives lives far from each other. It comes after Soviet Union time. That time everybody received a list of jobpointes after getting an education. Young men and women must choose among this jobpoints the point, where they want to work next two years. After this two years the place could be changed, but very often it saved for full life since pension age. Many of jobpoints was from far places. Many children want to live far from their parents, when they are 22. And such children choose distant places for their job and removed there. So, one of my grandmothers was from Ukraine, and after college she moved to Siberia, then to Far East, and then to Voronezh. Far East is more than 5 thousands km away from Ukraine. My father was form Siberia, but he get the jobplace near to Perm, it is Ural, it is more than thousand km away from his native city.
1

something about Soviet Union

In Russia you can often run into discover that (it happens often), not very distant relatives lives far from each other.<em>[.. even fairly close relatives..]</em> It comes after from the time of the Soviet Union time. That time everybody received a list of jobpointes offers/placements after getting an education. Young men and women must choose among from this jobpoints the point list, where they want to work for the next two years. After this two years the place could be changed, but very often it saved continued for full life since to pension age. Many of jobpoints the placements were was from far places. Many children want to live far from their parents, when they are 22. And such children choose distant places for their job and removed there. So, one of my grandmothers was from Ukraine, and after college she moved to Siberia, then to Far East, and then to Voronezh. Far East is more than 5 thousands km away from Ukraine. My father was form Siberia, but he got the jobplace near to Perm, it is Ural, it is more than thousand km away from his native city.

I don't know how this system worked regarding 'living' arrangements, but I guess there are many people nowadays that would really like to know there was real work available after education!

Den

1

Something About the Soviet Union

In Russia, you can often run into a situations where not very distant relatives lives far away from each other. It comes after from the time of the Soviet Union. Back then, everybody received a list of jobpoints after getting an education. Young men and women had to choose among these jobpoints the point (place?), where they wanted to work for the next two years. After these two years had passed the place could be changed, but very often it saved for full life since pension age. Many jobpoints were from far places. Many children want to live far from their parents when they are 22 and such children choose distant places for their job and removed there. So, one of my grandmothers was from Ukraine, and after college she moved to Siberia, then to the Far East, and then to Voronezh. The Far East is more than 5 thousand km away from Ukraine. My father was from Siberia, but he got a job near to Perm, it is Ural which is in the Urals, it is more than thousand km away from his native city.