Bi Filof
Are baby animals more appealing to us than their parents? Thank you :) Psychologists have shown humans are drawn to baby animals everytime these gaze at them. In part, it may be because their big eyes, fluffy faces and infantile features look too endearing for us. Even babies of dangerous animals have a strong effect on our emotions. The truth is that these helpless animals need to be appealing to other adults, since they must face many difficult challenges over their life. But, why are they so irresistible for humans? Different studies supported the idea that people, when staring at cute and small human babies, started to feel a range of positive emotions, which included endearment. They became less aggressive, with the intention of parenting the baby and play the role of a caretaker. These effects were hugely advantageous for the survival of babies and young children. Being attracted to human babies seems to be alike to feeling empathetic towards baby animals too. The reason would be generated by watching cartoons, where animal characters have rounded faces, small noses and large eyes. This evidence is quite popular among stuffed baby animal toys. Both children and adults rated pictures of kittens and puppies as cuter than those of their parents, being women more tenderly than men. It's still unclear the reason why that happens. Another research showed there is a code of cuteness after watching at a baby schema. It means our minds are attracted to those infantile features of pets, because they look something like baby humans do, and we are biologically programmed to care from babies, no matter the species. It's a kind of trick our brain experiences when looking at common babyish features. The second idea supports that the attraction we feel towards young animals allows us to better bond with them. This helped us to survive in the past, although it's not clear how. However, the main question is: Do animals find babies cute? Two studies were made by testing monkeys' senses. It was found that apes stared at pictures of their own species longer than at those of others. But faces of newborn macaques were not able to capture the attention of monkeys. Human babies are even more helpless than those of animals. It's necessary to invest a special and continuous care, so maybe that's the reason why humans feel drawn to both baby animals and human ones too. This tendency is caused by our own biological affection for baby-like features. We are predisposed to find infants more appealing than species that do not care for their young.
1

Are baby animals more appealing to us than their parents? Thank you :)

Psychologists have shown humans are drawn to baby animals everytime these gaze at them. In part, it may be because their big eyes, fluffy faces and infantile features look too endearing for us. Even babies of dangerous animals have a strong effect on our emotions.
The truth is that these helpless animals need to be appealing to other adults, since they must face many difficult challenges over their life. But, why are they so irresistible for humans?
Different studies supported the idea that people, when staring at cute and small human babies, started to feel a range of positive emotions, which included endearment. They became less aggressive, with the intention of parenting the baby and playing the role of a caretaker. These effects were hugely advantageous for the survival of babies and young children.
Being attracted to human babies is like feeling empathetic towards baby animals too. This is caused by watching cartoons, where animal characters have rounded faces, small noses and large eyes. This evidence is quite popular among stuffed baby animal toys. Both children and adults rated pictures of kittens and puppies as cuter than those of their parents, being women more tenderly than men. It's still unclear the reason why that happens.
Another research  study showed there is a code of cuteness after watching at a baby schema. It means our minds are attracted to those infantile features of pets, because they look something like baby humans do, and we are biologically programmed to care for babies, no matter the species. It's a kind of trick our brain experiences when looking at common babyish features.
The second idea supports that the attraction we feel towards young animals allows us to better bond with them. This helped us to survive in the past, although it's not clear how.
However, the main question is: Do animals find babies cute? Two studies were made by testing monkeys' senses. It was found that apes stared at pictures of their own species longer than at those of others. But faces of newborn macaques were not able to capture the attention of monkeys.
Human babies are even more helpless than those of animals. It's necessary to invest a special and continuous care, so maybe that's the reason why humans feel drawn to both baby animals and human ones too. This tendency is caused by our own biological affection for baby-like features. We are predisposed to find infants more appealing than species that do not care for their young.

1

Psychologists have shown humans are drawn to baby animals everytime they gaze at them. In part, may be because of their big eyes, fluffy faces and infantile features looking endearing for us. Even babies of dangerous animals have a strong effect on our emotions.
The truth is that these helpless animals need to be appealing to other adults, since they must face many difficult challenges over their life. But why are they so irresistible for humans?
Being attracted to human babies seems to be similar to feeling empathetic towards baby animals too. Cartoons play an important role, where animal characters have rounded faces, small noses and large eyes. This evidence is quite popular among stuffed baby animal toys. Both children and adults rated pictures of kittens and puppies as cuter than those of their parents, with women being more tenderly than men. It's still unclear the reason why that happens.
Another research showed the existence of a code of cuteness after observing a baby schema. It means our minds are attracted to those infantile features of pets, because they look something like baby humans do, and we are biologically programmed to care for babies, no matter the species. It's a kind of trick our brain experiences when looking at common babyish features.
The second idea supports that the attraction we feel towards young animals allows us to better connect with them. This helped us to survive in the past, although it's not clear how.
Human babies are even more helpless than those of animals. It's necessary to invest a special and continuous care; this maybe the reason why humans feel drawn to both baby animals and human ones too. This tendency is caused by our own biological affection for baby-like features. We are predisposed to find infants more appealing than species that do not care for their young.

Lovely!! Very beautifully written!!

Great essay. I enjoyed the story.