Patricia
Writting a journal I am reading a book of a Spanish author. It is a resume of a journal he has written throughout his life. It is not a regular journal, as he doesn't include any date, except for the year. The names of his familly and colleagues is erased, he only writtes the initial of their names. But sometimes, as he was born close from where I live, and mainly when he writtes about other writters, it is easy to know who he is talking about. I like his journal a lot because he is a man that has read a lot in his life, so he talks about literature and mentions many famous quotes. He also owns a cat named Borges which is a very funny animal and it is clear he loves him a lot.

Writting a journal

I am reading a book of by a Spanish author. It is a résumé of a journal he has written throughout his life. It is not a regular journal, as he doesn't include any dates, except for the year. The names of his family and colleagues is are erased, he only writes the initials of their names. But sometimes, as he was born close from to where I live, and mainly when he writes about other writers, it is easy to know who he is talking about.
I like his journal a lot because he is a man that has read a lot in his life, so he talks about literature and mentions many famous quotes.
He also owns a cat named Borges which is a very funny animal and it is clear he loves him a lot.

Sounds like an interesting book, especially if you can guess who some of the characters are.

My corrections are in red and my suggestions to sound more natural are in blue/grey.

As résumé is actually a French word you can use the accents on the letter "e".