Myriam
An email about my trip to Marrakech Hi Elma, I’m writing this from my room at the hotel in Marrakech. Marrakech is so interesting. How the people live, how the city is and how the food taste. I like it. Today we were visiting Marrakech. Marrakech has two parts. The old part of the city inside a wall and the new part built outside the wall. We were visiting the old part. The Djemaa El-Fna is a big big Square which changes from day to night. At nights is completely different than during the day. It is amazing. You can walk quietly while there are a lot of movement around you because the square has a lot of place. During the day you can buy spices, nuts, cloths. At twelve o’clock people stops and pray, all of them look at the mosque. You can’t hear any noise at that time. After that time the Square comes noisy again. At night the Square changes. A lot of people with trolleys come to the Square and cook their speciality. You can sit whatever you want and eat the food they made it. It is super cheap. There are also people acting. So you can enjoy seeing a show while you are having your meal. And the green tea they made is unbelievably tasty. Tomorrow we are talking a bus to Atlas Mountains. I am so exciting to go there. In Atlas Mountains we won’t have coverage, so I won’t send you an email. I’ll contact you when I can. Wish us luck!!!
1

An email about my trip to Marrakech

Hi Elma,

Hi Elma,

I’m writing this from my room at the hotel in Marrakech. Marrakech is so interesting-the way people live, the sights in the city, and how the food tastes. I like it.

Today we visited Marrakech-the older part of the city is walled and the newer part is outside. In the old section, the Djemaa El-Fna is a huge square which changes at night. It is amazing- you can walk in peace even in the crowds because there is so much room. During the day you can buy spices, nuts, and clothes, but at twelve o’clock people stop and pray toward the mosque. It is very quiet then, but afterward the square becomes noisy again.

At night the square is filled with food carts where vendors cook their specialities. You can sit wherever you want and eat the inexpensive food. There are also people putting on entertainment shows, so you can enjoy watching while having your meal. The green tea is unbelievably tasty.

Tomorrow we are taking a bus to the Atlas Mountains. I am so excited to be going there. I won't have any internet there but I’ll contact you when I can. Wish us luck!

Hi Myriam! You can avoid repeating nouns too often -- here is how I would word the second sentence: "I’m writing this from my room at the hotel in Marrakech. It is an interesting city." also!: "Today we were visiting Marrakech. The city is divided into two parts. " Hope that's helpful :^)
Thanks Rachel!!!! Your correction is helpul to me.

An email about my trip to Marrakech

Hi Elma,

Today we visited Marrakech, which has two parts. The older part of the city is walled, with the newer part outside. In the Djemaa El-Fna is a huge square which changes at night. It is amazing- you can walk in peace even while there are crowds because there is so much space. During the day you can buy spices, nuts, and clothes. At twelve o’clock people stop and pray toward the mosque. It is very quiet then, but afterward the square becomes noisy again.

At night the square is filled with food carts where vendors cook their specialities. You can sit wherever you want and eat the inexpensive food. There are also people acting out plays, so you can enjoy watching while you are having your meal. The green tea is unbelievably tasty.

Tomorrow we are talking a bus to the Atlas Mountains. I am so excited to be going there. I won't have any internet there, but I’ll contact you when I can. Wish us luck!