Aymeric
Community Tutor
Monarchy in the UK Hi everybody, Today I would like to share with you the point of view of a French person about monarchy, my own vision. Of course, it's related to the news and the birth of Princess Charlotte, the "royal baby". First of all, it's always an happy event when a family have a new member. I was impressed by the media coverage throughout the world of this event. Today, almost everybody on earth know that the United-Kingdom have a new princess. In France, we have seen all steps of the arrival of Princess Charlotte. We have seen when her parents arrived at the hospital, when they introduced her, when they left hospital and even while the day, someone commented all movements outside the hospital, in live. And I have to say that I was really delighted of this event, because I really like the Royal Family. But this is not the case for everyone. Yesterday, a survey was published and it say that 77% of British people have a good opinion of the Royal Family. Only 70% in France, it still a good vision. The difference is that in the UK, the Queen is in place and there is a Prime Minister. But in France, we only have a President. And in my opinion, French would not want a Monarchy, we have a very differrent culture on this topic. Actually, French people are delighted about this event and love the royal family but they want to stay with their system. Queen Elisabeth II is appreciate by 80% of French people, we appreciate her very much. When she came in Paris a few months ago, million of people wanted to see her. I think it's an international model. And you, what do you think abour monarchy in the UK? Thank you for your correction! :-)
1

The monarchy in the UK (or 'The UK monarchy' )

Hi everybody,

Today I would like to share with you the point of view of a French person about monarchies, my own vision. Of course, it's related to the news and the birth of Princess Charlotte, the "royal baby". First of all, it's always an happy event when a family has a new member.

I was impressed by the media coverage throughout the world of this event. Today, almost everybody on earth knows that the United Kingdom has a new princess. In France, we have seen all the steps of leading up to the arrival of Princess Charlotte. We saw have seen when her parents arrived at the hospital, when they introduced her to the public, when they left hospital and even while during the day, someone commented all on her movements, live outside the hospital. in live.

And I have to say that I was really delighted about of this event, because I really like the Royal Family.

But this is not the case for everyone. Yesterday, a survey was published and it say that which said 77% of British people have a good opinion of the Royal Family compared to only 70% in France, it which is still a good figure vision. The difference is that in the UK, the Queen is in place and there is also a Prime Minister. But in France, we only have a President. And in my opinion, French people would not want a monarchy, we have a very different culture feeling about on this topic.

Actually, French people are delighted about this event and love the Royal Family but they want to stay with their system. Queen Elizabeth II is appreciated by 80% of French people, we appreciate her very much. When she came to in Paris a few months ago, millions of people wanted to see her. I think it's an international model? I don't understand what you want to say here

And How about you, what do you think about the monarchy in the UK (the UK monarchy

Thank you for your correction! :-)

That figure seems really high, 77% have a positive opinion! It depends who you ask, older people tend to like the monarchy more. Younger people are more indifferent to them. Personally I do not like the concept of having a Royal Family and I hope that one day it does not exist. I think the Queen is a quite good ambassador as a head of state, but I don't like the idea of aristrocracy and nobility.

I think royalty is such an old fashioned concept, I would rather that we have a republic like France. Its a happy day when any baby is born, but thousands of babies are born all over the world every year, I don't understand why baby Charlotte should be any more important than any of them.

Monarchy in the UK

Hi everybody,

Today I would like to share with you the point of view of a French person about monarchy, my own vision. Of course, it's related to the news and the birth of Princess Charlotte, the "royal baby". First of all, it's always an happy event when a family have a new member.

I was impressed by the media coverage throughout the world of this event. Today, almost everybody on earth know that the United-Kingdom have a new princess. In France, we have seen all steps of the arrival of Princess Charlotte. We have seen when her parents arrived at the hospital, when they introduced her, when they left hospital and even while the day, someone commented all movements outside the hospital, in live.

And I have to say that I was really delighted of this event, because I really like the Royal Family.

But this is not the case for everyone. Yesterday, a survey was published and it say that 77% of British people have a good opinion of the Royal Family. Only 70% in France, it still a good vision. The difference is that in the UK, the Queen is in place and there is a Prime Minister. But in France, we only have a President. And in my opinion, French would not want a Monarchy, we have a very differrent culture on this topic.

Actually, French people are delighted about this event and love the royal family but they want to stay with their system. Queen Elisabeth II is appreciate by 80% of French people, we appreciate her very much. When she came in Paris a few months ago, million of people wanted to see her. I think it's an international model.

And you, what do you think about (abour) monarchy in the UK?

Thank you for your correction! :-)