lian
An Awkward Story I am going to tell you guys an . I moved into this apartment at the end of the year before last. Before the movement, I had never ever used a washing machine preprogrammed like the ones provided by the apartment in the common laundry room. This is the background of the whole story. When I used the common washing machine for the first time, I found the detergent draw was quite dirty with dried unknown stains everywhere. As a neat freak, this is completely unbearable to me. I cleaned it up and decided not to use it anymore. To solve this problem, I came up with an idea. Instead of pouring the detergent into the detergent draw and letting the machine wash it down, I put a piece of cloth saturated with detergent along with my clothes and kept the detergent draw open. In this way, nothing in the detergent draw would be washed down. It seems to be a brilliant idea, right? This was what I thought back then. However, later on, this idea was proved to be super stupid. Finding out the idea to be stupid was completely an accident. That was an exhausting day. After working for 8 hours in lab without having lunch, I did not want to move at all. That is why I decided to stay beside the washing machine doing nothing but watching it working. I saw the water flowed into the machine and the tub began to stir. So far, everything seemed just normal. However, after stirring for about one minute the tub stopped and the soap water was completely drained away. My clothes was only immersed in soap water for one minute or so every time I washed it. That explained why my clothes was always odorless no matter how much detergent I added and that also explained why my clothes never looked very clean after washing. Being shocked, I went upstairs and told my roommate that I had been washing clothes without detergent for over 6 months. She laughed at me for more than a week.
A nice story. I think I have done similar things myself.