JonUK
Soy y Estar Can someone explain in simple terms what the difference is between Soy and Estar ?
Ser and Estar are really quite simple, but because they are combined in the same word in english, it can be hard for english speakers to understand. Ser is used for 'permanent' things, like personality traits, height, hair color, etc. Ser is used to describe the facts about how something is. For example, you might say "Ella es muy vanidosa.", or "She is very vain." You could also use ser to describe things like "El edificio es muy alto" or "the building is very tall". You use ser in that situation because you are describing how she and the building are. Estar is more conditional. You could use estar to talk about where something is, what they are doing, or what's going on in the moment. Where ser talks about physical and personality traits, Estar talks about the location, time, and action. For example, you could say "Ella esta comiendo", or "She is eating". A better example might be "Ella esta en la biblioteca" or "She is in the library". I hope this helps explain the difference between ser and estar!
Hello.. this words are very difficult for you because in english are the same word, but in spanish are differents. I am going to try to explain you. Verb Estar: is when your body is in some place. for example: yo estoy comiendo, tu estas aprendiendo español. when your body is making some activity. Verb ser: in when you are something and nobody can delete that. for example: yo soy mujer. yo soy de Colombia. tell me if you understand me.