kps33
Children's Day May has many meaningful days in Korea. For example, Parents' Day, Teacher's Day, Labor Day, etc. Today is Children's Day, on which children get some gifts or go somewhere like an amusement park with their parents. I'v not ever taken a special trip on the day, but It always brings back the vivid memories of one day. When I was about 6 years old, an old couple ran a small grocery store near my home. Since it was taken over from my parents, my family and they were close. I used to go there to eat between meals. It was Children's Day, and I was standing at the register for payment as usual. Just then, the old woman gave me a present. To my surprise, It was a boxed snacks gift set on the top shelf. I got it without any turndown for joy, and my mother also couldn't help doing it because she even carried it to the door for me. She really made my day. Recently I watched a Korean TV show that had been filmed in Nepal a few weeks ago. The actors gave some Neplaese children sacks of bags of Korean snacks. They looked delightful, and that was a heart-warming reminder of my childhood. I could totally empathize with them.
1

Children's Day

May has many meaningful days in Korea. For example, Parents' Day, Teacher's Day, Labor Day, etc. Today is Children's Day, on which children get some gifts or go somewhere like an amusement park with their parents. I'v not ever I've never taken a special trip on the day, but It always brings back the vivid memories of one day.
When I was about 6 years old, an old couple ran a small grocery store near my home. Since it was taken over from my parents, my family and they were close. I used to go there to eat between meals.
It was Children's Day, and I was standing at the register for payment as usual. Just then, the old woman gave me a present. To my surprise, It was a boxed snacks gift set on the top shelf. I got it without any turndown for joy, I was so overjoyed, I couldn't turn it down [at least I hope that is what you mean] and my mother also couldn't help doing refuse it because she [OK if it's about your mother, but if the woman running the store did it, then you need to say "the old woman" instead of "she"] even carried it to the door for me. She really made my day.
Recently I watched a Korean TV show that had been filmed in Nepal a few weeks ago. The actors gave some Neplaese children sacks of bags of Korean snacks. They looked delightful delighted, and that was a heart-warming reminder of my childhood. I could totally empathize with relate to them.

Great entry! Beautiful memeory to share.

1

Children's Day

May has many meaningful days in Korea. For example, Parents' Day, Teacher's Day, Labor Day, etc. Today is Children's Day, on which children get some gifts or go somewhere like an amusement park with their parents. I'v not ever taken a special trip on the day, but It always brings back the vivid memories of one day.
It was Children's Day, and I was standing at the register for payment as usual. Just then, the old woman gave me a present. To my surprise, It was a boxed snacks gift set on the top shelf. I got it without any turndown for joy [Not sure what is meant by turndown], and my mother also couldn't help doing it because she even carried it to the door for me. She really made my day.
Recently I watched a Korean TV show that had been filmed in Nepal a few weeks ago. The actors gave some Neplaese children sacks of bags not needed of Korean snacks. They looked delightful, and that was a heart-warming reminder of my childhood. I could totally empathize  with relate to [empathize usually is used is sad/serious situations. for example "I empathize that she is sad her puppy died, my dog died 2 years ago"]them.

This was almost perfect!