Hokuto
Onomatopoeic expressions / imitative word / mimetic word -5 I cooked for the first time today. 今日、私は初めて料理をしました。 I was somewhat restless with uncertainty while I was making tempura. 天ぷらを作る間、わたしはちょっと ' おどおど' していた。 "bomp". All of a sudden, oil in the deep fryer caught fire. " ボン”。 突然油に火がついた。 I was confused and didn't know what to do, too surprised to respond properly. わたしは ' おろおろ' 'おたおた' するばかり。 My knees became jelly, quivering. 膝は ' ガクガク'。 Pounding with pitter-patter of feet, my mother came to extinguish the fire at a rush. ' バタバタ' と母が急いで火を消しに来た。 She put a wet Japanese cushion over the deep fryer . 彼女はぬれた座布団を鍋の上にかぶせました。 And so, the fire has somehow vanished finally. それでどうにか火は消えました。 I've had enough of cooking. 料理をするのはもう 'こりごり' です。

Onomatopoeic expressions / imitative word / mimetic word -5

I cooked for the first time today.
今日、私は初めて料理をしました。
I was somewhat restless with uncertainty while I was making tempura.
天ぷらを作る間、わたしはちょっと ' おどおど' していた。
"boom". All of a sudden, the oil in the deep fryer caught fire.
" ボン”。 突然油に火がついた。
I was confused and didn't know what to do, I was too surprised to respond properly.
わたしは ' おろおろ' 'おたおた' するばかり。
My knees became like jelly, quivering.
膝は ' ガクガク'。
Pounding the floor with the pitter-patter of her feet, my mother came to extinguish the fire at a rush. in a hurry.
' バタバタ' と母が急いで火を消しに来た。
She put a wet Japanese cushion over the deep fryer .
彼女はぬれた座布団を鍋の上にかぶせました。
And so, the fire has somehow vanished finally been extinguished/put out.
それでどうにか火は消えました。 t
I've had enough of cooking.
料理をするのはもう 'こりごり' です。

Nice story. :)

by the way "pounding the floor" usually means a  "heavy and loud sound" while pitter patter usually refers to a "quiet and gentle sound". So it is probably best not to use these together for this story.

You can use extinguished or put out but vanished is not usually used as it would mean that the fire stopped without anybody doing anything. But in your story it was your mother who put the fire out so extinguish or put out is better.

Hope it helps. よろしくお願いします。