Анастасия
Informal letter about holidays Please, help me with my task! I have written a letter and now I want to know if there are many mistakes or not:) The task is: You have received a letter from your English-speaking pen-friend Jackie who writes: …I’m having a busy time at the moment as I have to write lots of Christmas cards to all my friends and relatives. Do you celebrate Christmas in Russia? What holidays are celebrated in your country? What is your favourite holiday? How do you celebrate it? As for me, I enjoy celebrating holidays... Write back to Jackie. In your letter: - answer her questions about Russian holidays - ask 3 questions about British holidays Write 100-140 words. Remember the rules of letter writing. My response is: Dear Jackie, Thank you for your letter! It was nice to hear from you after such a long time. Sorry, I haven't written for so long, but I've been busy with my exams. Well, we celebrate Christmas in Russia too! Actually, there are many different holidays in our country, for example Woman's day, Easter, Valentine's Day and others. My favourite holiday is New Year! In our family we have got a tradition to celebrate New Year all together. Usually we eat delicious food, decorate Christmas tree, sing New Year's songs and give present to each other. Please, tell me more about holidays in Britain! Do you have a lot of holidays in your country? What is your favourite one? How do you celebrate it? Do you celebrate Woman's Day? Well, I'd better go now as I have to do my homework. Drop me a letter when you can! All the best, Nastya
1

Informal letter about holidays

Please, help me with my task! I have written a letter and now I want to know if there are many mistakes or not:)
The task is:
You have received a letter from your English-speaking pen-friend Jackie who writes:

…I’m having a busy time at the moment as I have to write lots of Christmas cards to all my friends and relatives. Do you celebrate Christmas in Russia? What holidays are celebrated in your country? What is your favourite holiday? How do you celebrate it?
As for me, I enjoy celebrating holidays...

Write back to Jackie.
In your letter:
- answer her questions about Russian holidays
- ask 3 questions about British holidays
Write 100-140 words.
Remember the rules of letter writing.

My response is:

Dear Jackie,

Thank you for your letter! It was nice to hear from you after such a long time. Sorry, I haven't written for so long, but I've been busy with my exams.

Well, we celebrate Christmas in Russia too! Actually, there are many different holidays in our country, for example Woman's day, Easter, Valentine's Day and others. My favourite holiday is New Year! In our family we have got a tradition of celebrating New Year all together. Usually we eat delicious food, decorate a Christmas tree, sing New Year's songs and give presents to each other.

Please, tell me more about holidays in Britain! Do you have a lot of holidays in your country? What is your favourite one? How do you celebrate it? Do you celebrate Woman's Day?

Well, I'd better go now as I have to do my homework.
Drop me a letter when you can!
All the best,
Nastya

Hello Nastya, I haven't checked the word count but it is a lovely informal letter with few mistakes. You obviously have a good level of English!