Jacob
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five countries in 2002. The table shows the data regarding national consumer expenditure in five different countries in 2000, including food/ drinks/ tobacco, clothing/ footwear and leisure/ education. Turkey won the first place with 32.14% of consumer spending on food/ drinks/ tobacco, followed by Ireland with 28.91%. The expenditure among Italy, Spain and Sweden were nearly the same, none of them exceeded 20%. As for clothing/ footwear, Italy ranked first with 9% of consumer expenditure and the percentage of Ireland, Spain and Turkey were stuck around 6.5%. Sweden was the only one country whose percentage was below 6%. When it comes to leisure and education, Spain came last with 1.98% and it was followed by Ireland, Italy and Sweden, with Turkey topping this item by virtue of 4.5%. From this table, we can know that the consumer in those five countries prefer to spend their money on food, drinks and tobacco rather than clothing/ footwear or leisure/ education.