Kailin
Back to notebook I haven't written my notebook for a long time - 12 days. At the beginning of the year, I determined to write notebooks at least on a weekly basis. However, my poor time management skills seemed to spoil it at all. Maybe it is because I have been multitasking on too many things: my thesis, assistant job, Spanish and Korean learning, translation test, driver's license training etc. I read that one can not focus on too many things. The article stated that the information age has given people too many things to desire, to "focus", which, in fact, leads to little achievement. Because once you do too many things at the same time, it means the time you spend on each item will dramatically decrease. And it also advises people to focus only on 2-3 things and thus the momentum for each will be increasing. However, how do you know what you really want to focus or pursue before you seriously try every possibility out?

task (( onBack to notebook

I haven't written my notebook for a long time - 12 days, in fact / to be exact.  At the beginning of the year, I determined to write notebooks at least on a weekly basis. However, my poor time management skills seemed to put an end to that idea. (spoil it at all.) Maybe it is because I have spent so much time (been) multitasking (on too many things): working on my thesis, as a job assistant (job), learning Spanish and Korean (learning), doing a translation test and learning to drive...etc. (, driver's license training etc. )

I read that one can not focus on too many things at once. The article claimed (stated) that the information age has provided (given) people with too many options to pursue, (things to desire,) to "focus on ", which, in turn (fact), leads to little achievement. (Because) It stands to reason that once you set out to do (do too) many things at the same time, (it means) the time you spend on each task (item) will dramatically decrease. (And) It also advises people to focus only on 2-3 things and thus the momentum for each will increase. (be increasing.)

However, how do you know what you really want to focus on or pursue before you seriously give every (try every) possibility a try (out)?

A simpler correction to compare with Dave's detailed and creative one:

Back to notebook

I haven't written my notebook for a long time - 12 days. At the beginning of the year, I determined1* to write notebooks entries at least on a weekly basis. However, my poor time management skills seemed to spoil it at all. Maybe it is because I have been multitasking on too many things: my thesis, my job as an assistant job, Spanish and Korean learning, preparing for a translation test, driver's license training and driving test, etc.

I read*2 that one can not focus on too many things. The article stated that the information age has given people too many things to desire, to "focus" on, which, in fact, leads to little achievement. Because once you do too many things at the same time, it means the time you spend on each item will dramatically decrease. And it also advises people to focus only on 2-3 things and thus the momentum for each will be increaseing.

However, how do you know what you really want to focus on or pursue before you seriously try every possibility out?

<em>* determined to me sounds unusual (maybe in the US it is more common). I would have said 'decided to' or maybe closer to your meaning ' was determined to'.</em>

<em>2* the tense would be clearer with 'once read' or 'have read'</em>

Cool! Did you see my post on Renren? It is indeed a good place for language learning. That is why I recommend it to people.
I will start writing notebook like you!!! Nice to meet you here, 恺琳姐!! I just registered it and didn't know you're here for a long time! That seems to be a good way to improve English huh.