Stew Sensei
Second session complete (follow me on tumblr/twitter@ I'mmovingtoJapan for updates on my progress) So on Monday I finished my second session. After my first I felt a little disillusioned with the task ahead but the second has indeed allowed me to feel the potential I could have to progress. The idea now is that I will be going into each session with a scenario that I have created. It will depict a situation that may occur when I go to Japan in the future. So my first one was to do with coming of the plane at Narita and trying to find my way to a destination. I had pre-discussed this situation with my wife (who is Japanese and is in Japan whilst I am in England currently saving up for the move) and we went over it creating a possible outcome. I decided not to tell my tutor about that outcome and just started off with my first phrase, which is speaking to someone at the train station (basically underneath the airport). Here's what I learnt: せんせい:こんいちわ (Konnichiwa) [hello] ぼく:こんいちわはじめまして (Konnichiwa, hajimemashite) [hello, nice to meet you] せんせい:はじめまして (hajimemashite) [nice to meet you] ぼく:このでんしゃが安孫子へいきますか?(kono densha ga Abiko he ikimasu ka?) [this train go to Abiko?] せんせい:いきません (Ikimasen) [It does not go] ぼく:どのでんしゃが安孫子へいきますか?(doko densha ga Abiko he ikimasu ka?) [which train goes to Abiko?] せんせい:あのでんしゃをつかってください。そのとうりです。(ano densha wo tukatte kudasai. sunotouridesu.) [I request you use this train. It will find it's way] So this was the end of the first scenario! We then went into a new dialogue. Same scenario but different consequences: ぼく:このでんしゃが安孫子へいきますか?(kono densha ga Abiko he ikimasu) [this train go to Abiko?] せんせい:なんていいましあか?(nanteiimashitaka?) [what did you say?] ぼく:(much slower) このでんしゃが安孫子へいきますか?(kono densha ga Abiko he ikimasu ka?) [this train go to Abiko?] せんせい:さっぱりわかりません or どうでしょうかね?or ぼくなにもわからないとちんかんです (sappari wakarimasen or doudeshou ka ne or boku nani mo wakaranitochinkann desu) [I really don't know/I have no idea or I am not sure or I am a dumbass] ぼく:ええっと.........そうですか?   もうにどとぼくに、はなさないでください。(eetto....sou desu ka? Mou nidoto bokuni, hansanaide kudasai) [ahhhh....Is that so? From now on next time do not talk to me, please] More to come 1/2
Haha yes it was. Actually he was suggesting that this can happen and gave me an idea of what to say in reply. Rather than learning it as a phrase, I will try to break it down to learn :)
That was so hilarious at the end XDDD I wonder what the sensei's reaction was after「もう二度とに、僕と話さないでください」。