Dora S
How I feel about learning German. – 2015 05 07 I have been trying hard in the past few weeks with the help of various Apps, such as “German alphabets” and “Duolingo”. Finally I can read and understand some words and easy sentences. But the pronunciation is still very hard for me, especially “r” and “y”. I wonder what makes people speak in such different ways. There is no “r” sound in Chinese, so I have no idea about how to make the sound with my throat. Sometimes I imitated certain sound for several times, just to feel the way of making a “German sound”. It was exhausting. Is there any way to pronounce in more accurate way?

How I feel about learning German. – 2015 05 07

I have been trying hard in the past few weeks with the help of various Apps, such as “German alphabets” and “Duolingo”. Finally, I can read and understand some words and easy sentences.
But the pronunciation is still very hard for me, especially “r” and “y”. I wonder what makes people speak in such different ways. There is no “r” sound in Chinese, so I have no idea about how to make the sound with my throat.

Sometimes I imitate certain sounds for several times, just to feel the way of making a “German sound”. It was exhausting.
Is there any way to pronounce in more accurate way?

Thanks, Ray. I am just trying to avoid learning in the old way by remembering only. Reading and talking are very important.
Talking with a native German person may help. Listening to German music and t.v. shows could help too! I think what you are doing is perfect, just more practice >x<