Steffany
Discuss the differences between the way of life in your country now and the way of life in the past. Colombia has gone through numerous changes in the last fifty years. I would like to talk about the political and security changes. Colombia's political ideologies have changed dramatically in the last fifty years. During this time was the start of the biggest opposition movements call M19. They started to further the struggle for human rights, but with the accelerated growth of narcotrafficking these ideas turned into another path.In order to put pressure on the government to run their illegal business, They started to make serious demands to further their cause. They Kidnapped innocent people, bombed police stations, kidnapped children and forced them to join their military and other inhuman actions were done by this group that only cared about their own interest, in seated of protecting human rights. The cure became and ill. For fifty years, rural people have suffered the consequences that narcotrafficking has brought. It is part of a essay I am writing. I hope you can take a look and give me your advice.
1

Discuss the differences between the way of life in your country now and the way of life in the past.

Colombia has gone through numerous changes in the last fifty years. I would like to talk about the political and security changes.

Colombia's political ideologies have changed dramatically in the last fifty years. During this time M19, one of the biggest opposition movements, was started.

They started to further the struggle for human rights, but with the accelerated growth of narcotrafficking these ideas were not put into practice.  The politics of Columbia went down another path.

In order to put pressure on the government to run their illegal business, they started to make serious demands to further their cause. They Kidnapped innocent people, bombed police stations, and kidnapped children and forced them to join their military.  The group carried out other inhuman actions.  They only cared about their own interest, instead of protecting human rights.

The cure became and ill.  [That doesn't translate very well]

What started off as good intentions quickly became a part of the problem.

For fifty years, rural people have suffered the consequences that narcotrafficking has brought.

It is part of a essay I am writing. I hope you can take a look and give me your advice.

1

Wow Stefany you love to write about BIG topics!

Colombia's political ideologies have changed dramatically in the last fifty years. During this time was the start of the biggest opposition movement called M19 (Is it a single movement or multiple movements?*). They started to further the struggle for human rights, but with the accelerated growth of narcotrafficking these ideas turned into another path took another path. In order to put pressure on the government to run their illegal business, they started to make serious demands to further their cause. They kidnapped innocent people; bombed police stations; kidnapped children and forced them to join their military and took other inhuman actions were done by this group that only cared about their own interest, in seated instead of protecting human rights.** The cure became and ill***. For fifty years, rural people have suffered the consequences that narcotrafficking has brought.

*If it is several movements which together are called M19, then you would say: 'The start of several big opposition movements which together were called M19'

** I think you should make this sentence into two or three sentences as Richard has suggested.

***The medicine had become poison. (I like the medical metaphor!)

Such a complicated and sad situation there in Columbia!