Kailin
Too Pushy? This week has been an easier week, since I passed the subject two in my driver's test last week. Therefore, I only need to focus on basically two things: my assignment and the translation test. Things have been much easier when I don't ask too much out of myself. Last week, I put too many things on my schedule, only to find that I couldn't finish the list at all in one day! And I was very stressed. Whenever I went to bed, I thought of things undone on the list of the day. What a disarster! But this week, I rescheduled my timetable, since I did't have to go to the driver's training for the time being. And I found that I had a lot of spare time. I had time to read, to take a nap at noon, to do exercise in the afternoon. Things became much less hectic. I used to think that I would love challenging jobs, for example, becoming a consultant, travelling all over the world with not much sleep and working over 15 hours a day. I thought that youth should belong to arduous battles and struggles for great ambitions. But now it seems to me that leisure time values as equal as work. And the previous experiences have told me that my brain wouldn't allow me to work at the same thing forever. I need rest, or intervals between work and life. Anyway, different people will have different definitions for the lifestyle they love. Maybe my mind will change soon. Who knows? Thanks for corrections!
1

This week has been an easier week, since I passed the subject two in my driver's test last week. Therefore, I only need to focus on basically two things: my assignment and the translation test. Things have been are much easier when I don't ask too much out of myself. 

Last week, I put too many things on my schedule, only to find that I couldn't finish the list at all in one day! And I was very stressed. Whenever I went to bed, I thought of all the things left undone unfinished on the list of the day. What a disarster!

But this week, I rescheduled my timetable, since I didn't have to go to the driver's training for the time being. And I found that I had a lot of spare time. I had time to read, to take a nap at noon, to do exercise in the afternoon. Things became much less hectic.

I used to think that I would love challenging jobs, for example, becoming a consultant, travelling all over the world with not much sleep and working over 15 hours a day. I thought that youth should belong to arduous battles and struggles for great ambitions. But now it seems to me that leisure time values as is equal as to work. And the previous experiences have told me that my brain wouldn't won't allow me to work at on the same thing forever. I need rest, or intervals between work and life.

Anyway, different people will have different definitions for the lifestyle they love. Maybe my mind will change soon. Who knows?

Thanks for any corrections!

(我的笔记:

你的写英文写得太好了!)

Too Pushy?

This week has been an easier week, since I passed the second subject two 1* in my driver's test last week. Therefore, I only need to focus on basically two things: my assignment and the translation test. Things have been much easier when I don't ask since I haven't asked*2 too much out of myself.

Last week, I put too many things on my schedule, only to find that I couldn't finish the list at all in one day! And I was very stressed out 3*. Whenever I went to bed, I thought of the undone things undone on the list of the day. What a disarster!

I used to think that I would love challenging jobs, for example, becoming a consultant, travelling all over the world with not much sleep and working over 15 hours a day. I thought that youth should belong to arduous battles and struggles for great ambitions. But now it seems to me that leisure time values as equal much4* as work. And the previous experiences have told me that my brain wouldn't allow me to work at in5* the same thing forever. I need rest, or intervals between work and life.

Thanks for corrections!

<em>1* - or maybe more technically - subject number two.</em>

<em>2*- Caitlin's solution is more usual but this is an alternative.</em>

<em>3* - I prefer 'feel stressed' or although it is less formal 'be stressed out'.</em>

<em>4* or- leisure time is as valuable as work time.</em>

<em>5* 'Work on' - as Caitlin says- is probably the most usual collocation. 'Work at' exists - but is used for work on a large project that takes time and each piece of work only makes a little progress. Ma
</em>

<em> I think if your talking about choosing a profession 'work in' is a good choice.</em>

<em>Paragraph 4 'I used to think that..' and 5 'Anyway, different people...' are both really good. Sound very natural and expressive.</em>