Ashar
A glimpse of 2014 It was 2014, ISIS was gaining momentum in Iraq and Syria, they became deleterious and were hell bent to destroy one of the oldest civilization of earth. America was about to be dragged in this middle eastern affair. Israel was ruthlessly pounding Gaza. Chinese dragon was tired of roaring and started going in hibernation. Greece was struggling with its economy , Eurozone crisis was abating slowly however still had critical impact on Europe. At the very same moment, A new history was being written in India. 16-May-2014 General elections results were being announced and BJP, a right wing nationalist party, got it largest majority, after a huge span of 30 years India was about to appreciate full majority govt which was missing since 1984. People voted for BJP with open heart on the slogan of development and eradication of corruption. Previous government was accused of sleeping over critical issues and delaying the much need economic reforms which has led economist to coin the term "Policy paralysis", due to multiple center of power from last 3 years Indian economy became stagnant and immutable. People started losing faith in government due to "Policy paralysis" and unearthing of numerous scams. Infrastructure was precarious. Manufacturing sector was crumbling. All these factors coerced the investors to flee from Indian market which directly had a impact on job creations and Indian GDP was at an abysmal rate of 4.7%. New Government under the leadership of charismatic leader Narendra Modi took oath on 26-May-2014, Millions of people witnessed oath taking ceremony. Expectations were soaring from the new government ,