Yuliya
I don't want to pay this price I think a lot before write the message. But if you ignore the problem then you encourage it. First of all i want to thank italki. I met many wonderful people through your site. I know we all different, we have different еxpectations, needs and desires. Somebody expects to find a communication here, somebody friends. There are people who just learn like me. You communicate, ask, learn. Sometimes flirting) Its normal, just like fun game)) But sometimes your first videochat may start from the demonstration genitals of your interlocutor. I have two objectives to my message. The first. We should warn their children who used similar resources about the possible effects of communication with stranger interlocutors and compliance with the safety rules in the Internet. The second. We can think together (particularly resourse manager) on the methods of struggle with the similar moral violence. We shouldn't pay this price for wanting to learn a language.
Sorry to hear about your experience Yuliya (if you were actually speaking from an unfortunate personal experience). Unfortunately, social media in general is vulnerable to abuse these days. Due to the anonymous nature of the internet, we can be exposed to all kinds of unsavory behaviour. I believe an individual should be thorough in their due diligence, before entering into an online relationship/interaction of any kind. So far, my personal experiences as a member of italki have also been excellent. I hope that you have reported any unacceptable behaviour to italki. I also hope this experience hasn't impelled you to leave the community. There really are some good people on here. All the best with your future studies. Neil
If you have been a victim of improper or lewd activity on this site, you should report it to the site manager. Use the 'flag' function at the bottom right of the message to file a report. Unfortunately, there always seem to be those who behave inappropriately, and we should take all necessary action to bar them from the site. I hope you will pursue this course of action, and that you will continue to use Italki as a forum for language learning. Most users will be appalled by your experience, but would probably, like myself, urge you to remain on the site.