Carmen
writing1 writing task:In some countries, more adults choose to continue to live with their parents even after they graduate and have found jobs. Do the advantages of this trend outweigh the disadvantages? Recently, there has been a growing tendency that having found jobs, an increasing number of graduates continue to live with their parents. As far as I am concerned, the demerits of it far outdo its merits. One of the severe drawbacks that this phenomenon brings about is excessive lack of the ability of independence. In other words, adults will become more dependent on their parents in daily lives. So indolent are they that their laundries are often left, waiting for their family members ‘help and the usually so-called excuse of busy jobs are also considered as a sound evidence for their laziness. Take my country, China, as an example. A large percentage of students cannot live without their parents as they prepare everything perfectly for their children, with the subsequent result that the preference of staying with their parents after they find a job or even get married will be getting strong. In this way, it does fuel a chance for them to get into a pernicious habit. Others, however, may extend their anger and anxiety which this practice often inspires, holding the opinion that it has something to do with morality and virtue as the senior tend to be attended instead of staying in caring houses. By contrast, I do insist that living alone does not mean abandoning or neglecting their parents. I am sure that those who living alone will come back and visit their parents if respecting them. Other banes from psychological aspect, such as the increasing pressure and a sense of loss of freedom should not be ignore in that with the accelerated tempo of modern life and fierce competition between jobs, it is indispensable for numbers of employees to suffer from stress and strains. Consequently, parents are easy to be deemed as a burden rather than members of a family. In addition, to nurture a well-behavior son or daughter, parents are likely to restrict their curfew just as when they were students, which to some extent deprives of their personal lives. Entitled to my own opinion, adults are declined to have more to lose than to gain when it comes to continue to live with their parents after getting decent jobs. It is always a good policy to develop a sense of independence as well as their private lives.