Robin
Language Journey I don't know why, but I think languages are fascinating. They are a window into culture. They tell a story. They open minds. I want to crack the barrier about what it means to speak in another language. I am working on French at the moment in duolingo (but studied it in school growing up). My second language interest is Russian - I don't know why, I just love the way it sounds. I'm also taking a crack at learning some Korean (or at least reading Hangul and some basic vocabulary). In truth, I'm really not sure where I'm going with this, but I want to meet people, and love to learn. I work with many international students from all over the world, and I really enjoy learning about their cultures, and it opens my mind to so much of the world that is hidden when you live in one place. Interacting and sharing languages with others seems like a great way to make fun connections. Besides, I have no interest in just going out for beer with people. I prefer conversation and learning (though I'll have a coffee or beer too).