catherine
A newly-invented internet Chinese Slang 中文新词“人艰不拆” 中文新词“人艰不拆” There are so many newly invented words and phrases on the internet, and they are commonly used by young people. Even some Chinese would be confused by what they mean. Today I am going to talk about one of the most frequently used "set phrases"( they looks like set phrases very much but actually they are not). 人艰不拆(读音rén jiān bù chāi):网络语,意思是“人生已经如此的艰难,有些事情就不要拆穿”。该词语出自林宥嘉歌曲《说谎》,“别说我说谎 人生已经如此的艰难,有些事情就不要拆穿”后常被网友在回帖中引用,楼主直接说出了一个事情的真相,只是让人一时无法直接面对的意思。“人艰不拆”已经在国家新闻出版广电总局今2014年11月27日发出的通知中被明令禁止使用。(来自百度百科) 人艰不拆(读音rén jiān bù chāi): It's an interesting internet slang, which means life is already so hard or arduous, so don't expose the truth. But it is not a formal language, and mainly used for joking and self-mockery. So please avoid to use it in formal situations. And you can use it when you have conversations with friends, especially young people. They will think you are humorous , native and fashionable. For example, when someone complain to you about their salary is too low but meanwhile have a lot of work to do. You can just reply "人艰不拆啊(读音rén jiān bù chāi ā). A sigh tone would strengthen the effect. And in another case, it would looks like an advice with nicely and relaxed attitude. If one of friends says something sad about himself/herself and the others start to make fun of it. You could say "人艰不拆"(读音rén jiān bù chāi ) to ease the embarrassment of your friend without annoying the others. As for self-mockery, when you tell your closest friends about your awkwardness or something you fail to do, and they laugh at you or point out your deepest fear. You can just say "人艰不拆".

A newly-invented internet Chinese Slang 中文新词“人艰不拆”

中文新词“人艰不拆”
There are so many newly invented words and phrases on the internet, and they are commonly used by young people. Even some Chinese would be confused by what they mean. Today I am going to talk about one of the most frequently used "set phrases"( they looks like set phrases very much but actually they are not).

I understand your meaning, but "set phrases" is not common.  You later used "slang", this is a better term.  

人艰不拆(读音rén jiān bù chāi):网络语,意思是“人生已经如此的艰难,有些事情就不要拆穿”。该词语出自林宥嘉歌曲《说谎》,“别说我说谎 人生已经如此的艰难,有些事情就不要拆穿”后常被网友在回帖中引用,楼主直接说出了一个事情的真相,只是让人一时无法直接面对的意思。“人艰不拆”已经在国家新闻出版广电总局今2014年11月27日发出的通知中被明令禁止使用。(来自百度百科)

人艰不拆(读音rén jiān bù chāi): It's an interesting internet slang, which means life is already so hard or arduous, so don't expose the truth

So don't tell the whole truth

But it is not a formal language, and mainly used for joking and self-mockery

and it's mainly used for joking and self-mockery

. So please avoid to use it in formal situations. And you can use it when you have conversations with friends, especially young people.

They will think you are humorous , native and fashionable. For example, when someone complains to you that their salary  is too low but at the same time has a lot of work to do, you can just reply "人艰不拆啊(读音rén jiān bù chāi ā). A sighing tone would strengthen the effect. And if said in another way, it would look like advice with nicely and relaxed attitude. If one of your friends says something sad about himself/herself and the others start to make fun of it, you  could say "人艰不拆"(读音rén jiān bù chāi ) to ease the embarrassment of your friend without annoying the others.
As for self-mockery, when you tell your closest friends about your awkwardness or something you fail to do, and they laugh at you or point out your deepest fear. You can just say "人艰不拆".