Annie
Is Increasing Petrol Price the Best Way to Solve Traffic and Pollution Problems? The problems of traffic and pollution from vehicles have become huge problems, both in cities and on highway. It is unlikely to solve this problem simple through increasing the price of petrol. It is undeniable that the uses of private cars are the main causes of the increase in traffic and pollution, and higher petrol price can reduce the usage of private cars to some extent, while it would not control the number of drivers for long. As the policy would also affect the petrol price of buses, people who need to travel on the roads would be negatively affected by it. Therefore, the public and the government should think of some other methods that could be implemented to solve these problems. In my opinion, to tackle the problem of serious pollution, cleaner fuels, such as electricity, should be developed. Actually, the technology is already available to produce electric cars, which are both quieter and cleaner to use. The manufacturers and travelers should be persuaded to adopt this new transportation tool as it would improve the air quality, especially in large cities. However, changing the type of provide cars cannot reduce traffic congestion. To do this, the government should improve the choices of public transportation services available to people on the roads. If sufficient subway systems are built and effectively maintained in major cities, then the traffic congestion would be reduced dramatically. Long-distance coach and train services should also be made attractive and affordable alternatives to driving car for people’s long journey. In conclusions, long-term traffic and pollution reduction depend on educating people to use public transportation, and on government making sure public transportation systems constructed and run in an efficient way.

Is Increasing Petrol Price the Best Way to Solve Traffic and Pollution Problems?

The problems of Traffic and pollution from vehicles has become huge problems, both not only on cities city streets but also and on highways. Increasing petro prices will It is unlikely to solve anything.  最重要的要排頭 this problem simple through increasing the price of petrol.

It is undeniable that the uses of Private cars vehicles are the main causes of the increases in traffic and pollution. and Any higher petrol increase in price, pardon the pun, can dent so much of its can reduce the usage of private cars to some extent.  Sooner or later, things will return to their previous states.  while it would not control the number of drivers for long. As the policy However, this would also affect the daily commute costs and soon everything else will have their prices raised too, a pre-cursor to artificial inflation. the petrol price of buses, people who need to travel on the roads would be negatively affected by it. Therefore, the public policies must be considered carefully before jumping the gun.  and the government should think of some other methods that could be implemented to solve these problems.

In my opinion, to tackle the problem of serious pollution, the solution is to develop cleaner fuels, such as and electricity, should be developed powered transport. Actually, the technology is already available to produce electric cars, which are both quieter and cleaner to use. The manufacturers and travelers should be persuaded to adopt this new transportation tool as it would improve the air quality, Both the producer and consumer should be induced and be enticed into changing their mindset.  especially in large cities.

However, changing the type of provide cars cannot Even if all vehicles become electric powered, the problem in reducing traffic congestion will not be affected at all. It is like robbing Peter to pay Paul.  In order to do solve this, the government should improve on the choices of public transportation services available to people on the roads. If sufficient subways systems are built and effectively maintained in major cities, then the traffic congestion would be reduced dramatically. Long-distance coach and train services should also be made attractive and affordable alternatives to driving car for people’s long journey.

Thus giving an inexpensive and affordable public transport is the biggest carrot to change people's driving habits.

In conclusions, long-term traffic and pollution reduction depend on educating people to use public transportation, and on government making sure public transportation systems constructed and run in an efficient way.

Arguments good.  However, you are repeating over and over again, as if the reader did not catch your drift.  太囉嗦了.  No added value to your essay.  Are your trying to maintain a word limit on your essay?  If so, you need to give more facts or to reinforce your ideas in different ways.  Your essay is like a parent admonishing a child, very naggy.  See how I can length the essay by adding phrases like, "excuse the pun", which can be left out without changing the meaning.

In argumentative essays, your words must be concise and precise otherwise the reader will not think highly of what you say because you don't seem to be sure of your conviction.  More importantly, you need to know how much idioms to use.  Here I only used two to 一針見血.  Using too much is also not good at all.