Ana
Japanese notes So I wrote this a while back and i have a few questions. In Japanese i understand it involves 3 writing systems( I think, i'm not too sure) Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji. So does that mean that in each system that words are different? For example "I" when i was writing my notes this character ( 私 ) was bothering me a lot because it didn't look like a Hiragana character. Another example could be あい which is love but in kanji it's written like 愛 so what i'm trying to see here is how would i know which character to use in a sentence or does it matter? I think i'm making everything complicated because i have not learned every hiragana character so i'm getting way over myself but i just wanted to learn a little something to see if i understood. Also in the bottom of the page where it said "I am kaori" How would i say "I am Ana" or "Im Ana" I think my name in Katakana is アナ. If there's any errors in my notes please don't hesitate to tell me. Thank you and sorry for how long this is.
Thank you so much Belen! Helped me a lot ^.^
Hi! im also studing japanese. You are right there are 3 writting systems, you should learn hiragana first, and then katakana. Katakana is used for names and foreign words. In just one sentence you can find hiragana, katakana, and kanjis. So that's why it's important to learn the 3 writting systems. Try to learn how to read hiragana and katana first, then little by little you will learn all the kanjis and replace the words in hiragana with the kanjis for example: watashi can be written in hiragana わたし but there's also a kanji for it, so people don't use hiragana, they use 私 instead. yo soy ana = watashi wa ana desu = 私はアナです or if you want to ask someone "how are you?", you ask "genki desu ka?", げんきですか? but there's also a kanji for genki 元気, so you just say 元気ですか? you can use google to memorize the kanjis! good luck!