Albert James
Living in Canada Canada is a very good country in which to live. There are very many people here from all over the world. Canada welcomes all kinds of people and help them to settle down, find jobs, good housing, and needed social services. There are people in Canada from Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Eastern and Western Europe, the Caribbean, South America, Central America, the Pacific Islands, Australia, and New Zealand - just to name a few places. However, it is fair to say that not everyone who come to Canada will find work in their fields or profession immediately. Some people will have to accept jobs outside of their training and profession, or go back to school to qualify themselves according to the standards that Canada as. Canada offers much help to recent immigrants, is not a very racist country, and gives the opportunity for everyone to succeed. The country has two official languages. They are English and French. Most or all government services are offered in either of those languages both federally and provincially. Canada consists of 10 Provinces and 2 Territories. The largest province in terms of size is Quebec. The province with the most people is Ontario. The capital city of Canada is Ottawa. Ottawa is located in Ontario and is very close to the eastern end of Quebec. Ottawa is also the seat of the federal government of Canada. There are two houses of parliament. They are the House of Representatives and the Senate. Canada's government structure is Democracy. There are three federal political parties. The ruling party presently is the Conservatives. The official opposition is the NDP, and the third party is The Liberal Party of Canada. The Prime Minister of The Right Honorable Stephen Harper. Canada is the third largest country in the world, and has 25% of the world's fresh water. The population, however is relatively small at just over 35 million people. Canada has the longest street in the world. It stretches from Ontario in central Canada, and can be traced all the way to Vancouver, British Columbia, though it is broken in some places. British Columbia is Canada's most western province, and borders on the Pacific Ocean. The most eastern province is Newfoundland and Labrador, and borders on the Atlantic Ocean. Winters can be very cold in Canada, and sometimes the summers can be very hot. But the provision for heating and cooling are very efficient and very adequate, though costly. Canada has very good roads and driving can be quite comfortable.