Jacob
The diagrams below show the stages and equipment used in the cement-making process Topic:The diagrams below show the stages and equipment used in the cement-making process, and how cement is used to produce concrete for building purposes. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparsons where releant. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My notebook entry: The process of cement production is indicated in the first diagram. It involves several steps. First, limestone along with clay is conveyed to the crusher, which crushes the raw materials into powder. Then, the powder is sent to mixer for even mixing. After that, the mixture is going to be heated by the rotating heater and a grinder is ready to grind the product from the heater further. The cement will be produced after the above processes and be packed into bags eventually. The second diagram illustrates that how to produce concrete. Four different materials are needed in its production. Gravel is the largest part among all those materials, up to 50 per cent. The proportion of sand, cement and water are 25 per cent, 15 per cent and 10 per cent, separately. Put them into the concrete mixer and give them a whirl for a while, the materials will react with each other to form concrete. In conclusion, the process of cement production is more complex than that of concrete production and more equipment are needed for former one, too.