Crazie Laoshi
The Ideal Job My ideal job varies within time. In primary school, my dream was to become a painter who can draw the beauty of the world where there is no darkness, no pain, no sadness, no discrimination but hope, a world that I am looking forward to. As time went by, I found it was not possible for me to become a painter. Nobody would support me on this one. As I was born a girl in a farmer's family, inferior to boys, they would think I was insane to have such idea. Gradually, I turned to be interested in psychology as i found there might be something wrong with myself, being a psychologist can not only cure myself but also help others like me suffered in the childhood. It is easier said than done. Later on, becoming a designer came into my mind. Influenced by my aunt who often made a common beverage bottle into a lovely flower and cut out the cloth into beautiful clothes. All these fascinated me. Nobody is willing to be ordinary, let alone to a girl in puberty. Imagine the moment when I wear my own designed costume. Fabulous. Everything above were left behind when I have to consider the feasibility and social reality. My ideal job is to be an international teacher teaching foreign students Chinese and our splendid culture at university. In China, teachers in public schools or universities enjoy lots of special benefits in China. First of all, the job is secure: salary is guaranteed. Second, there are two long vocations in a year which people in other occupations might be jealous of. What’s more, by communicating with students, I will feel as young as them and positive to life. Besides, teaching itself means something to me. You teach and learn at the same time. The future is bright while the way of life is filled with difficulties. Much more efforts needs to be made in order to be qualified of obtaining the job as an international teacher. (p.s. This essay was composed in 2011, when I was a freshman in university. I correct myself a little bit. It is interesting to study what was I like in the past. Keep tracking, It concludes like this I have not changed much and I have changed much. Seems like I changed my mind a lot while staying the way I am, true to myself. I am eager to learn more about myself. That is one of the reasons I come back to itaki to write. )
1

Sadly, all of these innovative ideas had to be shelved (Everything above were left behind) when it was time to take stock of (I have to consider the) their feasibility and the social reality. If you ask me now, my ideal job would be to work at university (is to be) as an international teacher teaching foreign students Chinese and the splendour of our (splendid) culture. (at university.)
Working as a teacher in a public school or university in China, (In China, teachers in public schools or universities enjoy lots of) has many (special) benefits. (in China.) Firstly, (First of all,) the job is secure, with the salary being (is) guaranteed. Secondly, (Second there are) it offers two extended (long) holiday periods (vocations in a) each year, something (which) people in other occupations might be envious (jealous) of. What is more, (What’s more,) by communicating with students, I will feel as young as them and adopt their positive attitude. (to life.) Besides, teaching, itself, means something to me. You can teach and learn at the same time!
From my perspective, the future is bright, although everyday life (while the way of life) may be fraught (is filled) with difficulties. That said, a lot more effort is required on my behalf (Much more efforts needs to be made) in order to qualify (be qualified of obtaining the job) as an international teacher.
(PS: This essay was written (composed) in 2011, when I was a freshman in university, since when I have amended it a little. (correct myself a little bit.) It is interesting to look back and reflect on (study what was I like in) the past. In some ways (Keep tracking, It concludes like this) I have not changed much but in others I have. (and I have changed much.) It would seem (seems like) I changed my mind a lot whilst (while) at the same time staying true to my principles and identity. (the way I am, true to myself.) I am eager to learn more about myself. That is one of the reasons why I have come back to itaki to write. )

Well written with some innovative expressions. I have suggested a few additional phrases you might use to make it more colourful!

1

The Ideal Job

What is your (My) ideal job, you may well ask, and my reply would be 'it has varied with time!' (varies, within time.)  
In primary school, for instance, my dream was to become a painter. How wonderful, I imagined to be able to portray on canvas (who can draw) the beauty of our (the) world through my eyes. One in which (where) there would be (is) no darkness, no pain, no sadness, no discrimination but hope in abundance, a world that I was (am) looking forward to. As time passed, though, I began to realise this ambition was destined to be thwarted. (As time went by, I found it was not possible for me to become a painter.) The unpalatable truth was that nobody would support me on this one. In China, daughters have, traditionally, been considered inferior in many ways to sons. Given (As) I was born a girl in a farmer's family, (inferior to boys, they would think) I would have been thought (was) insane to have such illusions / an idea. Gradually, my interest (I) turned to (be interested in) psychology as I felt there may (i found there might) be something wrong with me (myself), my thinking being that if I became a psychologist I could (can) not only cure myself but also help others (like me) who had suffered similarly in (the) childhood. Not surprisingly, such an aspiration turned out to be (It is) easier said than done. Further along the road (Later on,) and the vision of becoming a designer sprang to (came into my) mind, influenced by my aunt who had the knack of converting a simple (often made a common beverage) bottle into the vision of a lovely flower and cutting (cut out the) cloth to make (into) beautiful clothes. All this (these) fascinated me. Few people are (Nobody is) willing to be seen as an ordinary Joe, let alone (to) a girl in puberty. Imagine the moment when I would wear my self-designed clothes! (own designed costume.) Fabulous!  

The Ideal Job

My ideal job varies with time.

In primary school, my dream was to become a painter who can draw the beauty of a world where there is no darkness, no pain, no sadness, and no discrimination, but hope; a world that I am looking forward to. As time went by, I found it was not possible for me to become a painter. Nobody would support me with this endeavour. As I was born a girl in a farmer's family (inferior to boys), they would think me insane to have such an idea. Gradually, I became interested in psychology, as I found there might be something wrong with myself. Being a psychologist can not only cure myself but also help others like me, who suffered in their childhoods. It is easier said than done. Later on, becoming a designer came into my mind. I was influenced by my aunt who often made common beverage bottles into a lovely flowers and cut cloth into beautiful clothes. All of this fascinated me. Nobody is willing to be ordinary, let alone to a girl in puberty. Imagine the moment when I wear a costume I designed myself. Fabulous.
Everything above was left behind when I had to consider what was feasible in my social reality. My ideal job is to be an international teacher, teaching foreign students Chinese and our splendid culture at a university.
In China, teachers in public schools or universities enjoy lots of special benefits. First of all, the job is secure: salary is guaranteed. Second, teachers have two long vacations every year, which people in other occupations might be jealous of. What’s more, by communicating with students, I will feel as young as them, and my life will be more positive. Besides, teaching itself means something to me; you teach and learn at the same time.
The future is bright, but the way ahead is filled with difficulties. I need to make many more efforts in order to be qualified to obtain a job as an international teacher.
(p.s. This essay was composed in 2011, when I was a freshman in university. I correct myself a little bit. It is interesting to study what was I like in the past. Keep tracking, It concludes like this I have not changed much and I have changed much. Seems like I changed my mind a lot while staying the way I am, true to myself. I am eager to learn more about myself. That is one of the reasons I come back to itaki to write. )